Why become a member? ×

Sold - Warwick Tubepath 5.1
£450
Porto - Portugal

BPWalls

• 3 weeks later...

Agree. I never owned the tubepath but I did use one frequently and for quite a few years had a Quad VI. These were fantastic amps, built on the brand name for sure (although I always liked the light up W!) but I think they really hit the spot in that tube hybrid place. Not actually that heavy either although it won't slip in your gigbag like some of the modern class D amps.

On 21/09/2020 at 21:04, Jack said:

I know they're fantastic amps and all, but Comic Sans? 😃

I didn't understand the "comic sans" what u wanna say with that? Sorry my English is not the best 😂😂

Edited by BPWalls

6 hours ago, BPWalls said:

I didn't understand the "comic sans" what u wanna say with that? Sorry my English is not the best 😂😂

It's the name of the font used on the amp, a very over used and much-hated font. If I remember rightly it was designed for some small feature in Microsoft Windows but it just started popping up everywhere. Apparently it's actually really good for people with dyslexia, but generally it's seen as unprofessional and childish.

It's no big deal at all, I was just being silly. 😊

1fde3_COMIC-SANS.jpg

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BPWalls said:

I wouldn't worry about it, it's just a joke of sorts. On the back of the amp, Warwick have written the details, using the font (police, typeface, character set...) 'Comic Sans'. There's nothing wrong with that; it's just lightweight humour making fun of having chosen that font instead of the more 'formal', 'serious', 'severe' fonts usually seen on equipment. It's no reflection on the qualities of the amp, nor of your ad; just 'British humour', that's all. Chuckle and move on, I'd say.
Good Luck With The Sale. :friends:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, TUBEPATH said:

BPWalls please message me

@TUBEPATH Type an arobase, then type (slowly...) the Member ID you want. Select once it becomes visible; this will create a Notification to the person so addressed. Like this...

@bpw...

... which becomes @BPWalls.

Hope this helps. :friends:

• Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic