Why become a member? ×

SPECTOR Bass Epic Deal On At Andertons

madshadows

On 29/08/2020 at 19:24, Eldon Tyrell said:

Well, the red Rebop and the Rebop MM in Trans Blue are both already gone. Was really tempted to get the red one. Too late. 2 of the 3 Legend NTs are also already gone. Happy for whoever bought these. Awesome basses.  

One of The NT’s is heading my way 4 string Walnut. But do i sell one of my other bass’s is 4 too many 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, barrycreed said:

Stunning looking bass in the vid, just me or do these sound "treble heavy"...?

Don’t  think the video was the best, twiddling too much, i always start everything in the middle and tweak a bit at a time. But if you only have Like 10 minutes and 4 basses to through you will end up just skimming over. 

14 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Congrats!! Excellent value for money. Great quality bass with fab pickups and preamp. Enjoy 👍

I gad a Spector A few tears ago Ns2000 or legend, bolt on neck, wasnt too impressed, it felt too rattle’y and thin but muddy sounding at the same time, no warmth or real sustain. But it had a bit loose machine heads that i could not get tighter and not sure the bolts on the neck where up to much.

Heard the Neck through are a different kettle of fish along with the Aquilar pick ups. Hope this  blows  my mind and lives up to the Spector hype. Should be here Thursday. 

Edited by Rollin Thunder

25 minutes ago, Rollin Thunder said:

I gad a Spector A few tears ago Ns2000 or legend, bolt on neck, wasnt too impressed, it felt too rattle’y and thin but muddy sounding at the same time, no warmth or real sustain. But it had a bit loose machine heads that i could not get tighter and not shaw the bolts on the neck where up to much.

Heard the Neck through are a different kettle of fish along with the Aquilar pick ups. Hope this  blows  my mind and lives up to the Spector hype. Should be here Thursday. 

The NT really are a different kettle of fish. Excellent basses with great quality components. I only sold mine as the nut width on the Legends is a bit too narrow for my taste. The bass was also a bit heavy, due to the maple wings I guess. 

Hope the bass arrives safely on Thursday!

• 2 weeks later...

A week on and most of the "epic deals" are gone. Hope everyone who got one is happy with it 🙂

Looks like only a Legend 5NT and a fretless Spectorcore are still available.

Interestingly, the Rebop 5MM is listed as a "summer price drop". The price drop? 6 quid. Really? Is that even worth being labelled as a "summer price drop"? I know this summer was not great but 6 quid? 🥴

They also still list the new Spector LT with Fishman pickups and preamp in black fade gloss finish for £2,719.00. I know it is a limited edition and only 20 were made but this is a crazy price. BD sold the same bass for £2,299.00. So, I guess Andertons will struggle finding someone paying that much for a Euro. Well, good luck with that 👍

Had mine over a week now, had time to gave a real run through NT 4, love the colour and pattern, phenomenal sustain (proper Spinal tap Nigel Tufnell sustain) loads of boom but clarity, generally a more midy sound but not lacking in the low ends, not really used the eq, but sound great everything flat. The Aguilar pickups and pre amp is excellent. 

• Like 2