Why become a member? ×

Anyone done Joe Hubbards Bass Mastery Course.

thebigyin

Just started the course, been in a musical rut for awhile now and wanted to challenge and push myself and stay focused on something....2 years of hardwork ahead....I have looked at several Academy Sites and Bass Tutorial Sites and most do a lot of meaningless lessons and rely on guest Bassist seminars to boost there ratings....I want one to one Theory and Musical content and Joe seems to be the man for Bass Education no bullxxxx, hope i'm right and it turns out a sound investment, wasn't cheap nearly £500 but for 2 years of weekly emailed lessons plus access to Joe's Lesson Lounge with over 70 lessons if you break it down it's a great investment and I needed a focus and want to get into Theory in a hope that I can maybe teach others in the future....fingers crossed and here's hoping I achieve my ambition.

• Like 2

I am about half way through it & have to say it's the best money I've spent. In some ways I wish I'd recognised the importance of the course & purchased it sooner than I actually did.

I purchased the lifetime version which paid dividends for me because last year I broke my hand & had to rest it for a few months (That sucks). If you watch each video more than once & practice the content properly  I don't think you'll regret the money you've spent.

In addition, I have also paid for a lifetime version of his 2-5-1 advanced course for me follow on when I've finished the 2 year one.

Adios

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jassthebass said:

I am about half way through it & have to say it's the best money I've spent. In some ways I wish I'd recognised the importance of the course & purchased it sooner than I actually did.

I purchased the lifetime version which paid dividends for me because last year I broke my hand & had to rest it for a few months (That sucks). If you watch each video more than once & practice the content properly  I don't think you'll regret the money you've spent.

In addition, I have also paid for a lifetime version of his 2-5-1 advanced course for me follow on when I've finished the 2 year one.

Adios

Nice one Jass best of luck with the course and thanks for the comment, only just started first lesson on Penta Positional Chord Studies but a few light bulb moments already.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jassthebass said:

Adios

Does joe go through tunes on this course or is it predominantly exercise based?

• Like 1

Hi Oliver

Rather than saying it’s exercise based I’d say it’s music based which to me is much more interesting than ‘exercises’. There are tons of penny dropping moments that can applied to your own everyday musical lives.

With that said there are a few tunes & licks along the way too.

In addition, nothing is in tab therefore as an added bonus one's reading gets better as you go through the course.

From what I’ve seen the 2-5-1 course focuses more on tunes.

jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1