Why become a member? ×

Modern Rock pick tone using a EBMM Stingray

kyuuga

So, my band headed to the studio a couple of months ago to record some new music. One of them was this highly-energetic, bass-driven punk/alternative rock song that really required a tone that "cut through" but at the same time supported the guitars & drums.

I ended up using my #1, a Musicman Stingray from 2004, into a Kemper profiler that emulated a good ol' Ampeg and a Darkglass plugin to get that extra grit.

The result can be seen below, but especially from 2:02 onwards since that's where the heavy bass-driven bridge starts (and there's also a distinctive bassline in the chorus with a nice little fill in the last chorus).

Let me know what you think - do you like the tone? Do you think it fits well in the song? Or is it too harsh/trebly?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WalMan said:

Sounds good to me. Really punches through the mix to drive it along  

On 29/08/2020 at 20:21, Lozz196 said:

Imo it’s the right tone - and level in the mix - for the song. Really fits it well.

On 29/08/2020 at 20:42, ahpook said:

Sounds good to me.

Nice strong tone all the way through.

Thanks guys! Glad to have some positive feedback, tone is very important to me as a bass player. :)

• 1 month later...