Why become a member? ×

Which effects are being used here?

AinsleyWalker

At 1:16 the bass comes in, but for some reason I cannot place my fingers on the effects being used. There are no shots/descriptions of gear used.
Sounds like some kind of vibrato/pitch shift but I'm really not sure, if anyone has any ideas let me know!

Edited by AinsleyWalker

2 minutes ago, ped said:

Sounds like an octave up blended with clean to me - possibly one down too but can’t tell on my phone!

That's what I thought when I first heard it, but then I kept hearing some kind move 'movement' of the notes and couldn't help wondering if there was some kind of vibrato/chorus added as well

He's looping everything through Ableton so the actual answer could be any number of very specific plugins. There's definitley an envelope filter and octave effects (up and down, maybe 2 down 1 up?) but yeah I also hear a pitch effect - sounds maybe like he's trying to emulate a fretless? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bobbass4k said:

He's looping everything through Ableton so the actual answer could be any number of very specific plugins. There's definitley an envelope filter and octave effects (up and down, maybe 2 down 1 up?) but yeah I also hear a pitch effect - sounds maybe like he's trying to emulate a fretless? 

Yeah I do remember him mentioning using Ableton live (and in this clip) so yeah could be plug ins, although I know he has a fairly comprehensive board which he runs guitar/bass through. Could be either here, not sure. 

On 28/08/2020 at 10:10, AinsleyWalker said:

That's what I thought when I first heard it, but then I kept hearing some kind move 'movement' of the notes and couldn't help wondering if there was some kind of vibrato/chorus added as well

Kind of sounds like poor tracking to me!

• Like 1