Why become a member? ×

Advice with fuzz and distortion pedals

paddy109

Been using an Ls-2 for some time now for a fuzz with clean blend.

I've had various incarnations of pedal mixers on there, My favourite was the EHX Green Russian then into a boss Eq pedal with prominent mids. Then like suggested have the second chain just for clean blend.

Octave then Fuzz works well too, Octave, Fuzz and mids works very well haha.

Currently got an Orange furcoat in there now, but I am also looking at the Tyler too for even more control.

2 hours ago, Stofferson said:

Been using an Ls-2 for some time now for a fuzz with clean blend.

I've had various incarnations of pedal mixers on there, My favourite was the EHX Green Russian then into a boss Eq pedal with prominent mids. Then like suggested have the second chain just for clean blend.

Octave then Fuzz works well too, Octave, Fuzz and mids works very well haha.

Currently got an Orange furcoat in there now, but I am also looking at the Tyler too for even more control.

I like a light overdrive into a blended muff... ends up giving the fuzz a nice boost and making the clean side less, er, clean!

Also give fuzz into octave a go! It doesn't make much difference to tracking (with a muff at least, YMMV) and you end up with clean lows under the fuzz rather than too much low end making the fuzz crap out.

• Like 1