Why become a member? ×

Valve Amp - who’s still using them?

SamPlaysBass

47 minutes ago, maidens97 said:

Been really enjoying my CTM300 but unfortunately can’t play any bass for the foreseeable due to breaking a finger badly at work 😭

That is awful :( sending lots of love and wishing you a speedy recovery. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

A Carlsboro Top 100. My first amp was a Top 50, back in the 70's. Through a folded horn cab (I had made) with a Goodmans 18" speaker. Marvellous.

I actually messaged the guy about that amp. Its really tasty. I had the Carsbro 50Top for a while and it sounded great with bass. Plenty of low end. I can imagine this is a fantastic sounding amp. 

• Like 1

First thing’s first, this isn’t my amp. In belongs to One Louder studios in Newport. However, it’s as good as it looks. I played my ‘77 Jazz through this brute last week in a rehearsal. All pedals were redundant as it sounds so good straight into the amp.  The way an 8x10 carries the sound is so unlike everything else I’ve used - big, pillowy warmth and punch delivered to the room via 300 muscular watts. I usually use a 2x12” set up and as loud as it is, the delivery of the sound that the SVT and 8x10 achieve is completely addictive and so much better than everything else. It’s well worth the chiropractor fees. I will own a set up like this one day. And maybe a small team to cart it about. 🤞🏻 👀 

3453BC9F-9030-406A-AE43-F6D83AB0A0FD.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SamPlaysBass said:

First thing’s first, this isn’t my amp. In belongs to One Louder studios in Newport. However, it’s as good as it looks. I played my ‘77 Jazz through this brute last week in a rehearsal. All pedals were redundant as it sounds so good straight into the amp.  The way an 8x10 carries the sound is so unlike everything else I’ve used - big, pillowy warmth and punch delivered to the room via 300 muscular watts. I usually use a 2x12” set up and as loud as it is, the delivery of the sound that the SVT and 8x10 achieve is completely addictive and so much better than everything else. It’s well worth the chiropractor fees. I will own a set up like this one day. And maybe a small team to cart it about. 🤞🏻 👀 

3453BC9F-9030-406A-AE43-F6D83AB0A0FD.jpeg

Absolute plug n play with those monsters! There is a reason as to why they are on stages all over  the world and in my humble opinion, there is nothing like it nor will beat it! 

Edited by andy67
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, AScheck9 said:

Are you sure you've never tried it? This is the second time you've advertised posted the same amp in reply to this forum 😉

Yeah I’m sure , I thought the last one that was for sale was in Surrey, this one is in Wales somewhere, I’m in east London 😉

• Like 2