Why become a member? ×

Alternative Jazz 5 pickups/electonics Help!

Pinball

Hi, I have a Philippe Dubreuille custom jazz bass from the early 2000's and it just isn't my sound. I'm more of a P bass or Stingray guy. What I want is more roundness and thump

I have been looking at alternative pickups on line and haven't found a decent comparison to help me choose.

Q1. Any suggestions on pickups?

Note: If possible I would like to keep it passive but guess that I could go active as there appears to be space.

Q2. I know nothing of the existing electronics and couldn't see a name on the pups so will put a picture. Any ideas of what they are? The control system is a passive Vol, Vol tone but the front volume pops up to select both pickups.

Q3. I haven't changed a bass like this before...would it be more sensible to trade or sell it and buy another?

Here it is

PDFront.thumb.jpg.33dfd0f1e7100b732b8f725ac284d879.jpg

Edited by Pinball

20 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Pickups look like Delano JMVC5 https://www.delano.de/jmvc_5_fe_m2/jmvc_5_fe_m2_details.html

My advice would be to sell it or trade it as whatever you'll do it will remain a Jazz Bass like instrument.

Thanks, good advice I guess as I have a couple of keepers already so it will probably end up on the market here.