Why become a member? ×

What's the best strap?

Pamberi

+1 on the RightOn straps. They're the only ones I've used that don't get longer through the night, that adjustment system is perfect. The rest of it isn't bad either. 

If you're reading, Bradley, I had mine BEFORE you made them cool. Although admittedly I've never played live with Lady GaGa so you win on that front. 

On 29/10/2020 at 17:50, Doddy said:

I've not used the SBL strap but I know thst they are made by Ergo Straps, so it might be worth checking them out. I'm very tempted by one.

Thank's Doddy for the info about Ergo Straps. More expensive than the Gruv Gear.

Currently I'm using the Gruvgear Solo Strap Neo in 2.5” cause 4” are too large for me, too close form my neck and have a tendency to hurt it.

I just got one of these from a friend, it's really clever and seems secure.. D'Addario Auto Lock. Nice material, too. It works over all the types of pin that I have, from Dunlop Dual Design, Gotoh and Schaller, even the type for Schaller locks, which I hate.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DAddario-Accessories-Guitar-Strap-50BAL04/dp/B07SSJYHYJ

81K6-8JFJkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91fI1U5oUpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

I have the right on stamps which are good, a few of the couch straps, but my last one was the most expensive as I had a bit of difficulty getting a turquoise one and that came from Denali 

also have some tanglewoods, an Ernie ball, a fender, a Maruszczyk wide one, and a few no names 

Edited by Woodinblack

19 hours ago, Nebadon2000 said:

Gruvgear has some nice straps; I bought the FABRK, comfortable, contemporary and easy to adjust

The FBRK is interesting because of its adjustable seatbelt  but the textile seems less elastic than the neoprene.

On 28/10/2020 at 03:18, Collin Bass said:

By far they are the most comfortable straps I have ever slung over my shoulder.  And with a torn rotator cuff, comfort is a must.

Easily one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life when I tore mine, you have my sympathy. And yes, once you've suffered this type of injury the choice of strap takes on a far greater significance.

On 28/08/2020 at 18:12, Reggaebass said:

I bought these quite a long time ago on ped’s recommendation, and they are great, they are nice and light and the padding is very comfortable 🙂

Hi, can you tell me what materials these are made from?

24 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Hi, can you tell me what materials these are made from?

Hi stew, I’m not quite sure what you would call it , it’s really light, I use it most days and the padding is still as new. Edit, it says on their website it’s nylon 🙂

5F22D854-1484-4032-B802-524E564B4829.jpeg

9E205EDA-1089-4BE5-B564-BAA1BF92B55F.jpeg

Edited by Reggaebass

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Hi stew, I’m not quite sure what you would call it , it’s really light, I use it most days and the padding is still as new. Edit, it says on their website it’s nylon 🙂

5F22D854-1484-4032-B802-524E564B4829.jpeg

9E205EDA-1089-4BE5-B564-BAA1BF92B55F.jpeg

What about the ends? I can't find anything online toi say what they are and wondered if the strap itself gave any clues?

I’ve had a wide DiMarzio ClipLock in red since 1990, and it looks nearly brand new. I haven’t used it non-stop, but it hasn’t let me down. This is what Steve Vai uses with his JEM guitars, which are not light, and he does the throw around the body thing. 

Edited by bnt

On 29/10/2020 at 22:43, Baloney Balderdash said:

Might not be the best, but damn I am in love with this deep dark purple patterned one, and I think I might need to buy it (It's an Ernie Ball Jacquard Guitar Strap - Purple Paisley, and it's even quite cheap, just about 22£/24 Euro) :

EBPPStrap-large.jpg

These are gorgeous.

image.png

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

These are gorgeous.

image.png

How are they as straps though?

As in how do they feel to wear and play with, do they hold your bass in place well enough?

Ordered the purple one I had in mind getting, but it's out of stock at Thomann, and they aren't getting a new batch until mid December, so will have to wait on mine.  

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

19 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

How are they as straps though?

As in how do they feel to wear and play with, do they hold your bass in place well enough?

Ordered the purple one I had in mind getting, but it's out of stock at Thomann, and they aren't getting a new batch until mid December, so will have to wait on mine.  

As 50mm plains straps go, they are slightly more padded and slightly less grippy compared to nylon-only ones (e.g. Fender), not too slippy.

Personally I'm happy with 50mm straps of any strip (or paisley) so i'm happy...

• Like 1