Why become a member? ×

I have always liked the look of battered and aged guitars and have i like the idea of having a bass that i had worn down naturally myself. it seems that with the poly finishes just dont wear down the same way nitro finishes. I have just got a 2010 jazz bass and i have been trying to find a nitro finished body online but havent had any luck. anyome know where i can get one?

Mark Jenny have got a nitro 3-tone burst Jazz bass on the bay but it's a US import, obvs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MJT-Official-Custom-Order-Vintage-Aged-Nitro-Finish-Guitar-Bass-Body-Mark-Jenny/313143689095?hash=item48e8d17f87:g:67UAAMXQwMdREqcO

Another option is to buy a bare wood body (plenty of those around) and drop it into a spray shop like Martin Sims

https://www.sims.guitars/spray-shop/overview

If you keep plugging away on Google and eBay you'll find something eventually :)

45 minutes ago, thebrig said:

Any idea what he would charge for a straightforward spray job where the body is already prepared?

If you want it to relic back, surely you don’t want a very pro finish on it, is it not better to spend £10-20 On a ratttle cam from Dartfords?

You can still achieve a high quality finish with these if you want

2 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

If you want it to relic back, surely you don’t want a very pro finish on it, is it not better to spend £10-20 On a ratttle cam from Dartfords?

You can still achieve a high quality finish with these if you want

I don't want to relic it, I want a standard respray.

Its hectorUK who wants to relic it

Edited by thebrig
  • Like 1