Why become a member? ×

Only As Good As Your Drummer Pt.17 - We're All Doomed

Happy Jack

So the story goes: Phil (thy animal) Taylor of Motorhead fell backwards from his drum stool off of a high stage.

Doctors said his injuries did not include a fatal neck-break only because he was so drunk/wasted that his body was totally relaxed and he hit the ground like a rag doll.

OK, if you want to be picky being drunk/wasted may have contributed to the fall in the first place xD!

2 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

So the story goes: Phil (thy animal) Taylor of Motorhead fell backwards from his drum stool off of a high stage.

Doctors said his injuries did not include a fatal neck-break only because he was so drunk/wasted that his body was totally relaxed and he hit the ground like a rag doll.

OK, if you want to be picky being drunk/wasted may have contributed to the fall in the first place xD!

Erm, unless he broke his neck twice (which he may have done) I think the way he ended up in a neck brace was someone was using him as a weight lifting bar and dropping him.

2 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

I saw this happen to Joe Cocker's drummer - I forget who he was, someone might know - at Gateshead Stadium in about 1991. It was particularly noticeable as he was the only one playing at the time during a song intro. All of a sudden everything went quiet & he'd gone.

He appeared from the back of the drum riser holding up his broken stool to great applause!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, el borracho said:

He appeared from the back of the drum riser holding up his broken stool to great applause!

The last time I saw this was 10 years ago at The Fiddler's Elbow in Camden, and it was actually our keyboards player who'd fallen through the black curtain at the back of the stage, not realising that there was a one-metre drop there.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Erm, unless he broke his neck twice (which he may have done) I think the way he ended up in a neck brace was someone was using him as a weight lifting bar and dropping him.

I think he did break it twice. the stool incident and the one you mentioned. a roadie picked up like the weights bar and dropped him down a flight of stairs headfirst (OUCH)