Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Mesa Big Block 750 - Now £500
£700
Littlehampton, W Sx

WalMan

Acquired this from Silverfoxnik a while back and love it, but it’s proving too heavy for me nowadays ☹️

Comes in the 4u rack case with a 2u draw and footswitch for the mute and drive/boost.

I could consider shipping at cost, but she’s a heavy beast so I doubt that would be cheap, hence collection preferred. Currently carless (or unable to drive wifey’s car after an ankle op) so a meet up will be difficult at the moment, though should be possible if this runs to mid/late September when I should be mobile again.

Struggling to add photos at the moment - now added in link below.

EDIT: Looking back to try to ‘borrow’ Nik’s pictures, I appear to have misremembered what I bought it from him for 🤭 (Not sure where I dredged £1/watt from in my befuddled brain). Not wishing to be seen as profiteering, and I can’t work out how to change the start price, immediate reduction to £550

Google photo album (hopefully)

Edited by WalMan
Price, tags & spelling
  • Like 2

Wow - don't think I've ever seen so much Mesa stuff for sale on here at any one time as there is now...

As @WalMansays, this used to be mine.

I had it for about a year after buying it on here with a Bergantino 212 which made for a great rig.. 

I used it for rehearsals and gigs in that time and it was faultless. The band I was in did a lot of classic rock tunes - Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Cult, Foos etc, etc and it was just brilliant for that.. In fact, our drummer said he preferred the sound of this to the Ampeg V4BH head I used to have! 

But it's definitely not a one-trick pony ; I also used it with another band playing lots of old Soul/Funk tunes and again, it was great in that setting too... Bottom line is that it has loads of power and surprisingly good eq with great mids, so you'll never get lost in the mix (as the saying goes)... 

In the end, I kept my Ampeg rig and moved this on but that was only because I had too much gear and had just moved house so needed to free up some cash, otherwise, I would have loved to have kept it. 

Anyway, suffice to say, this is an absolutely top quality piece of kit that's much more versatile than you think and it really does produce that mythical 'heft' some of us (old farts) talk about! 😁

Oh, and Al's a great guy to deal with by the way so no concerns there either... 

GLWTS 😊

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/09/2020 at 09:35, basselfman said:

Hey can you ship to Europe at buyer cost?

Sorry I’ve been away for a few days and missed this.

I might consider it, but I doubt that it would be cheap as it’s a heavy beast, you would need to insure it adequately, and only on cleared funds.

3 hours ago, ern500evo said:

Absolute steal! 

On 26/11/2020 at 07:38, HazBeen said:

Wow, bargain! 

I know!! Come on peeps...I'm lusting after another bass & have promised wifey this will go first [then maybe I can rescue said bass from where it's hidden in the garage 🤣]

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Pre Christmas 'Buy me Buy me' Bump 

Look into my eyes...not around the eyes...You're feeling very sleepy......and you're under.

Now when you hear the word Mesa you will immediately search out Walman's BigBlock 750 Amp For Sale post, realise the longing in your heart for this wonderful amp, and contact him to arrange a swift purchase 😁

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...