Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts

bassace

Lets hope they refresh the offering, I've noticed during lockdown there is not much different being uploaded documentary wise and have pretty much watched everything.  I get they won't have been making anything new, but they must have a load in their archives? 

Think I’ve exhausted Prime’s catalogue of “Classic Album” documentaries. I even watched Iron Maidens’ Number of the beast (making of) last night. Really not my thing musically, but seemed like a good bunch of fellas and without the histrionics or hairspray of their American counterparts. 
So hopefully SkyArts will have some stuff I haven’t seen.
Not sure I can watch the making of Aja again 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

Where is that available presently, would love to watch that. Fabulous band.

https://www.sky.com/watch/title/programme/4c6e5289-9fa7-4efe-9056-b5c291e61aa0/xtc-this-is-pop

There was a bit of a campaign to get this released on BluRay at one point, but that seems to have died a death.  Andy Partridge did infer that there was hours of material cut from the broadcast version that wouldlikely make for decent viewing. 

With XTC releasing Steven Wilson's Surround Series Editions on an annual basis, I kind of see this as being put out with an inevitable Best Of collection rather than being standalone or bundled in with whatever is left for Mr Wilson to sprinkle his magic over.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody caught anything good on this channel yet? I watched a bit of The Stones 2013 Hyde Park gig, followed by a Madness documentary the other night. And yes, Andre Rieu was also on yesterday ...... 😆.    

In case you can’t find it on Freeview, it’s Channel 11. May have to retune to get it.