Why become a member? ×

Fender CS '58 P SOLD.
£1950
N West

binkybongo

From January 2000 - White Blond translucent beautifully aged to light vanilla. Shallow fast quarter sawn neck in lovely condition, frets very little wear. Light weight very resonant Ash body - just over 8lbs.

I owned this bass around 10 years ago, sold it to Dognofski of this parish and it was eventually in the very capable hands of Ben Epstein - bassist on The Voice. Ben had it set up/maintained etc by top tech Neill Lambert or top guys at The Bass Gallery.

Ben played it on the program often and on other gigs including jamming with Keith Richards, like you do.....  With a little persuasion, and a lot of cash - Ben sold it back to me around 5 years ago.

I added a very cool scratchplate - mint green/burgundy 3 ply from the US. Bass has a Gotoh bridge fitted and comes complete with original bridge, anodised plate and ash trays and includes a new non Fender case, can meet up, or ship at buyers cost.

It's a killer bass that I don't get to play enough to warrant keeping it. I know I will regret letting this go - again.

Stay safe, be cool  :)

Sale only thanks.

Cheers.

Lot of BBC vids Ben with the P     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18ViAP9rf_Y&list=PL450AC27C959985BE&index=2

FENDER CS 58 P-9145© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9156© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9158© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9160© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9161© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9166© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9167© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9162© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9133© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9136© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9141© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9143© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9160© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9161© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9168© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9169© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9170© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9172© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

FENDER CS 58 P-9181© WILLIAM ELLIS.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 11.56.18.png

Edited by binkybongo
smelling misteak
  • Like 7

Yes, I bought this from Bill almost a decade ago and firmly belongs right at the top of my ‘Basses I should have kept’ list 🙈🙈.

i later did a trade with Ben for his early 6o’s EB2 Semi - which could very well be number two on the same list. by the way 😬😬!!

I have to say that whoever is lucky enough to buy this will be a very happy Boy, or Girl as it is a fantastic Bass and it may be worth you adding an accurate weight to the listing Bill, as if memory serves - I’m very old - it was the lightest P Bass I ever owned, or even played during the past half Century & so it would be a firm favourite amongst us ‘weightwatchers’ 😂😂👍👍. In fact a figure of ‘just a Nats dangly’ under, or a tad over the 8lbs mark may seem incredible, but tends to ring a bell?

GLWTS Bill, but some how, I don’t think you will need it 👍👍

Edited by dodgnofski
Spelling
  • Like 1

I've had the inestimable pleasure of playing this bass and can assure any prospective purchasers that it is without doubt one of the finest Precisions that I've ever encountered (and there have been very many).  Aesthetically it has the patina of genuine, professional use (as mentioned above, in some fairly august company: real rock'n'roll royalty).  The wear pattern is authentic, and from memory, nothing to affect playability in any way.  The tone is absolutely rock solid, classic P.  Playability is sublime.  Though I'm not generally a long-scale C width player, this is immense fun to play and the neck feel is instantly recognisable and comfortable. In all, the perfect transitional P bass - immensely cool, in the pocket, and at home on the biggest of stages anywhere in the world.  If I could properly cope with a 1.75" nut, I'd have no hesitation in bending my credit card completely out of shape  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dodgnofski said:

Yes, I bought this from Bill almost a decade ago and firmly belongs right at the top of my ‘Basses I should have kept’ list 🙈🙈.

i later did a trade with Ben for his early 6o’s EB2 Semi - which could very well be number two on the same list. by the way 😬😬!!

I have to say that whoever is lucky enough to buy this will be a very happy Boy, or Girl as it is a fantastic Bass and it may be worth you adding an accurate weight to the listing Bill, as if memory serves - I’m very old - it was the lightest P Bass I ever owned, or even played during the past half Century & so it would be a firm favourite amongst us ‘weightwatchers’ 😂😂👍👍. In fact a figure of ‘just a Nats dangly’ under, or a tad over the 8lbs mark may seem incredible, but tends to ring a bell?

GLWTS Bill, but some how, I don’t think you will need it 👍👍

Cheers cocker, hope you're keeping well :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, three said:

I've had the inestimable pleasure of playing this bass and can assure any prospective purchasers that it is without doubt one of the finest Precisions that I've ever encountered (and there have been very many).  Aesthetically it has the patina of genuine, professional use (as mentioned above, in some fairly august company: real rock'n'roll royalty).  The wear pattern is authentic, and from memory, nothing to affect playability in any way.  The tone is absolutely rock solid, classic P.  Playability is sublime.  Though I'm not generally a long-scale C width player, this is immense fun to play and the neck feel is instantly recognisable and comfortable. In all, the perfect transitional P bass - immensely cool, in the pocket, and at home on the biggest of stages anywhere in the world.  If I could properly cope with a 1.75" nut, I'd have no hesitation in bending my credit card completely out of shape  

Cheers Lawrence :)

• MB1 locked this topic