Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - NOW FOR SALE AT THE GALLERY - FIESTA RED MARUSZCZYK JAKE L
£850
Purley, Surrey

ezbass

Up for sale is my Maruszczyk Jake L in Fiesta Red (very Pino). I bought this new in mid April of last year. It has been gigged a few times and, apart from the usual swirls, is in great condition. Sounds just like you'd expect a P Bass to sound. 

Jake L (Precision type) chambered alder body.

34" Scale maple neck, katalox fretboard with MOP dots.

19mm bridge spacing, 40mm nut width.

Standard Maruszczyk split coil pickup, passive circuit.

Tort, 3 ply pickguard.

Weighs 7lbs 3ozs (3.3kg ish).

Hardware is standard Maruszczyk fitment.

Maruszczyk gig bag.

Currently fitted with Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats.

fullsizeoutput_1aa2.jpeg

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

IMG_1732.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1aa3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1aa4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1aa6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1aa9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1aaa.jpeg

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SonnyBass95 said:

A fellow Purley man! I’ve got a Marusz Jazz bass. I don’t know a lot about it as I traded my old P for it, but for some reason the pickups have a really low output?! Any experience with this yourself? 

No, quite the reverse in fact. Both the split coil in this Jake and the original MM type in my Elwood (swapped out for a more refined Delano) are very punchy indeed, both passive.

• Thanks 1

I love a Maruszczyk. I love a P bass. I love a red P-bass with a dark fretboard and tort plate.

I don't have £850. If anyone looking at this doesn't know how good these instruments are and does have that amount of money, don't hesitate.

Good luck with your sale.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I love a Maruszczyk. I love a P bass. I love a red P-bass with a dark fretboard and tort plate.

I don't have £850. If anyone looking at this doesn't know how good these instruments are and does have that amount of money, don't hesitate.

Good luck with your sale.

You tease 😂

16 minutes ago, rogerthetiger said:

Greetings, how is the neck dive on this beauty at such a low body weight? Or is the neck is shallower than usual for a P? Perhaps Maruszczyk black magic?

It’s not bad - at all. On the knee it’ll head floorwards (as you’d expect) but not as quickly as many heavier basses I’ve owned. On the strap, it’s fine and holds station just above parallel without holding it up, even with a shiny leather strap. As soon as you put your right hand on, it’s rock solid. I suffer from left shoulder problems and this bass has never given me any aches associated with heavy or poorly balanced instruments.

Thanks! I'm still considering options, was looking for a medium/short scale for low weight and general nimbleness, but actually most of those weigh more than yours, and some have necks which stick out more.

Plus it'd have to be a courier, which would be a last resort for both of us. Weell let's wait and see!

Though red+tort helps one play more like Pino, that should also be a factor. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ped locked this topic