Why become a member? ×

Knob on eBay / Aguilar Chorusaurus Chorus Pedal

tvickey

I've been keen to get my hands on one of these Aguilar Chorusaurus pedals, but not keen to buy one new.  

After seeing a used one up for sale on eBay, but with a starting bid nearly that of a new pedal, I wrote the seller to see if they would accept an offer of around £125 (similar to what I have seen these go for used here in Basschat).  They weren't keen to go down in price on the pedal, and then the 'auction' ended without a sale (surprise!).

The item is listed by the seller again, but now with a starting bid of £120.  "Hey, perfect!  I'm happy to put in a bid just over that.", I thought.  I go to put in my bid and what happens?  The seller has blocked me from bidding on the item! 

I have 100% feedback and have had a profile on eBay for many years!  I've never bought from this seller previously, and I'm not a friend or family member.  The knob has blocked me, I suspect simply because they know I'll put in a low bid!  So much for a fair 'auction' site eBay!

I'm still very keen to pick up an Aguilar Chorusaurus pedal for about £125, so if you have one you'd like to pass along please let me know!

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 12.11.46 PM.png

I just ignore people who put in offers via message on eBay rather than block them, but you just have to accept that s/he is doing it their way, and their way is likely a response to previous experience of other people did the same thing, in my case I dealt with a guy who contacted me via eBay via the same approach as the OP here, agreed the sale and price, then started to haggle, then when I refused to move on price became very hostile and aggressive and threatened to report me to eBay for dealing outside of eBay!!!!!!!!! 

Either way, personally I'd be looking for a similar unit elsewhere, as strange behaviour on the part of a seller before you've even bought the item doesn't bode well for when you do buy it and there's a problem

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Either way, personally I'd be looking for a similar unit elsewhere, as strange behaviour on the part of a seller before you've even bought the item doesn't bode well for when you do buy it and there's a problem

Indeed!  Actually, I agree 100%... 

21 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Will laugh if someone else bids £120 and it sells for that as there's no longer any other bidders (i.e. you) to compete against!

It's advertised here in the hope that someone might still get it for a reasonable price, even if it is not me.  I hope that some Basschatter will benefit... although buyer beware... seller is a bit of a knob and I hope there are no other issues!

50 minutes ago, tvickey said:

It's advertised here in the hope that someone might still get it for a reasonable price, even if it is not me.  I hope that some Basschatter will benefit... although buyer beware... seller is a bit of a knob and I hope there are no other issues!

Might have just blocked you in error so I wouldn’t take it personally. Just looked at the listing and he had very good feedback and is, I think, a member here :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Might have just blocked you in error so I wouldn’t take it personally. Just looked at the listing and he had very good feedback and is, I think, a member here :)

Indeed that was my other hope, that he could see the post and stop blocking me... however now that I've called him knob on Basschat... ha!

Just now, Reggaebass said:

Do you have a friend nearby who can bid for you 🙂

I asked my bandmates to bid for me... they're all good friends who live nearby, but they are also very wise.  The story raised red flags with them... they don't want to deal with him!  Ha!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

I think his user name on here is walshy or walshy72 might be worth a pm 😊

It's a nice suggestion, but the geographic location for this Basschatter doesn't match with the eBay seller.