Why become a member? ×

NBD - Ibanez SR600

PaulThePlug

20200823_215025_resized.thumb.jpg.d78faa9882e9877f290ec9976228f254.jpg

Indegestion? Touch of GAS? Took some 'Gumtree'...

I likes the Ibanez SR's... After buying a GSR200, nice and great value, I wish I threw some more $£ in and gone for the SR300.

I also likes me 'Naturals'... So I 'Hit Submit' on a 2010 SR600... Ash Body, 5 Piece Jatoba/Bubinga Neck... 38mm Nut... Bartolini Mk1 pups

£200... Hopefully I didn't get my pants pulled down to far?

20200823_214952_resized.jpg

20200823_214918_resized.jpg

20200823_214854_resized.jpg

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 9

Some buckle marks on the back and the odd scratch to the sides... but means i'm not gonna be overly preciouse about it stood up in the corner... It came with a generic hard case... but prefer the gig bag that i got with the GSR200, easier and takes up much less room... Hobby player and not as if the bass will be leaving the house

Gave the frets a dremel polish, binned the old strings and used the OE that came on the GSR as a stop gap... Ordered some Dunlop Stainless... as discussed in a strings thread the Dunlops have a thinner over winding so feel smoother... 45-105.

Just got to move on the GSR200B-WNF with the Hard Case, to recoup some of the cost...

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

Thanks guys... Love the finish and neck wood, 'lectrics all fine, 

@Old Man Riva has kindly offered me a lightly used set of Rotosound Solo Bass Compression Wound 45-105 strings, Hopefully giving a nice smooth, warm and sweet grown-up tone... will wait till they are on before fiddling with saddle hight and intonation tweeks...

Edited by PaulThePlug