Why become a member? ×

Info needed

Marcosounds

Hi al try get some better pics when am next at my dads just took a quick photo been in his attick for many years al get some better pics though , its in decent conditon like do you know roughly what one in a decent condition with the parts that are missing as in bridge etc would be? 

A Clubman like this (but in white...) was my first bass. The original tuners were much smaller (probably guitar tuners that Vox used for everything at the time...). The output jack on these is not a standard 1/4" jack socket, so a special lead is needed to plug it in to an amp. A very short scale, so well-fitting strings are not so easy to come by.
As for value: we don't do valuations on this Forum, but be aware that, unless it interests a Collector, they are not much in demand, and were extremely inexpensive when new (mine cost £20, new, late '60s...). Mostly curiosity value, really, more than as a musical instrument; they're not very good, as basses. Only worth working on for sentimental or novelty value, or as a wall ornament.
Hope this helps. B|

4 hours ago, Marcosounds said:

... do you know what kind of value it is or would be in this condition?

Here are a couple of recent sales on ebay to give you an idea of price, one bass and one guitar, both look to be in pretty good condition:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/old-vox-clubman-bass-Guitar/383612338964?hash=item595113c314:g:LfgAAOSwsQNe-z4A

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vox-Clubman-II-Guitar/264836831118?hash=item3da981578e:g:lEIAAOSw~k5fNVGY

On 23/08/2020 at 19:46, Marcosounds said:

Perfect thanks for that , pritty cool bit of info there , my dad took the neck off the body and there is a letter F stamped on it thats it only the letter any ideas what that would mean? Cheers folks 

F for Foreign 🤣. Looks like the old coaxial plug has already been changed for a Jack to me. You’ll need to check the neck is straight if it’s been in the unheated attic. I seem to remember these may not have a truss rod and if the neck is a banana it may not be worth salvaging. Good luck.