Why become a member? ×

Hello from Holland!

Hanz

Hello there! 
Just a quick post to introduce myself, after initially lurking around for a bit. I go by the name of Hans, 46 years old, hailing from Holland.

Have been playing bass for some three or four years, turns out I’m not amazingly talented but having great fun anyway. While my main instrument is (modular) synth, bass allows me to approach music in a completely different way - funny how that works out.

After initial starter upgrades it appears I’ve landed on a Fender MIM Precision and a fretless Stingray Special, played over Ampeg PF amplification.
Thanks in advance for having me around! :)

4 hours ago, T-Bay said:

I spent a very happy time  living near Breda and in Delft in the 90s.

Wot? Breda? I'd forgotten that bit. Near Breda is where I stem from. We're brothers!
Were you the guy overtaking in the rightmost lane in March '91?

Edited by BassTractor

20 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

Wot? Breda? I'd forgotten that bit. Near Breda is where I stem from. We're brothers!
Were you the guy overtaking in the rightmost lane in March '91?

I was just outside of Etten Leur, I was doing a master jointly with the University of West Brabant and Gist Brocades, hence the move to Delft. Lovely part of the world. I was there 92 to 93 and never overtook on the right (but did once go around a roundabout the wrong way).

Edited by T-Bay
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, T-Bay said:

Welcome! Where are you in the Netherlands? I spent a very happy time  living near Breda and in Delft in the 90s.

Well - it's not a big place - near Gouda (the cheese place, indeed), not too far away from Delft as well.

@BassTractor - are you on Muff Wiggler's as well?

Edited by Hanz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hanz said:

@BassTractor - are you on Muff Wiggler's as well?

Yup, but I don't frequent it.
My modular days were really 40 years ago, and recent plans for a modular didn't materialise.

Love Gouda, much like T-Bay. Played the organ in the St Janskerk several times.
Also still remember the smell from the Nederlandsche Oliefabrieken when I stayed in Delft. Peanut butter!

Anyway, enjoy the stay!