Why become a member? ×

Bespoke Barefaced 210 covers

la bam

Hi all,

Hope we are all well.

Just a heads up if anyone is interested....

I was after a padded cover for my barefaced retro 210 cab. I always use hotcovers. I've always found them superb quality, protection and well priced.

However, with the 210 the cab can be used horizontally or vertically, so if you imagine the cab lying horizontal the floor side is exposed in a normal lift off cover. This same side would be a tall side if used vertically and would be exposed to sinks, dents, scratches and rips as it wouldnt be protected.

I had a word with Jim at hotcovers, to see if there was anything he could do - and he really excelled!

Theyve put a complete under flap on the cover which velcro all the way around, so it has complete protection! All for around £50 a cover.

Having had lots of covers from these guys, I really cant recommend them enough. Superb.

20200822_092457.jpg

20200822_092432.jpg

20200822_092426.jpg

20200822_092538.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, la bam said:

However, with the 210 the cab can be used horizontally or vertically, so if you imagine the cab lying horizontal the floor side is exposed in a normal lift off cover. This same side would be a tall side if used vertically and would be exposed to sinks, dents, scratches and rips as it wouldnt be protected.

The design looks great and I'm a big fan of Hotcovers but when you say "used vertically" do you mean stored vertically? Obviously when you're using it you're taking the covers off...

So this design gives you full protection if you want to store your cab horizontally or vertically then? What about the feet? If they're covered, won't they push through the fabric and tear it?

Hi, yes it gives it full protection when stored or in transit. You would take the cover off when it situ for playing.

The feet wont push through, they are nowhere near protruding enough or strong enough to break the padding.

The reason I asked if they could do anything is that with the exposed side in transit (say, in a band van, or trailer etc or when someone is loading or unloading) someone could push it into a metal rough edged case, or it could get nicked with a case clasp etc.

If the exposed side was damaged it would mean if you used the 210 on it's own vertically (it also has feet for this) or stacked x2 cabs vertically as some players do, that side would be on display. Ie it wouldnt always be used as the bottom of the cab and unseen.