Why become a member? ×

Is This Real?

paulmcnamara

These scammers were widely reported on around 6 months ago, yet Facebook still hosts their links. Seems like Facebook are more concerned that people may be offending other people than fraudsters ripping people off.

• Like 1

This couldn't more obvious a scam if it had a big red banner on every page saying "I want to steal your money". Apart from the embarrasingly low asking prices for what should be expensive instruments there is no information about where the business is located, and the info on the "about us" and other pages on the site are total bs.

A big red flag is that the only way to pay enables them to collect creditcard details directly rather than giving the option to use PayPal, google pay or other similar services.

My guess is that the scam is not that they will take £86 without supplying a Gibson Les Paul, but will instead sell the credit card details collected to several other criminals on the dark web who will use them for all sorts of mischief.

A little digging reveals that the domain appears to have been previously used for hosting films & TV programs for people who don't like paying for their content - perhaps the copyright holders caught up with them or the ad revenue dried up.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard
  • Like 1

Not one of these sentences makes a lick of sense

About Us

Our Mission
1. providing our customers with the best quality service, tailored to your industry solutions.
2. to establish a transparent, automatic billing, time-saving shopping e-commerce market.
3. to provide cost-effective trade services, using the latest e-commerce technologies and integrating trade channels.
4. the buyer in the shopping process simplification. At the same time, save a lot of buyers shopping time.
Our advantages
1. Resources and e-commerce in a variety of domestic and foreign trade channels.
2. advanced search technology that can provide all kinds of information.
3. Unique mode of operation, combining traditional trading channels and Internet channels.
4. We have now introduced, online shopping information security encryption submitted. Support credit card payment online functionality. functionality.Any questions, please contact us!

Edited by Doctor J

Definitely a scam to me, and I’m not sure about this bit, you might get charged for a bit more than you think, and I couldn’t find any sort of feedback 

All prices are in us dollars for the unit, are subject to change without prior notice, and shall be responsible for you.

10 hours ago, Doctor J said:

Not one of these sentences makes a lick of sense

Most of those sound like the usual heinous BS that most companies have in their mission statement. I'm surprised they weren't leveraging and pivoting more :)

Oh, and yes, the company looks an awful lot like a scam.

Edited by ahpook
  • Haha 1

i find it amusing that all of their stock seems to be 2017 models (with the odd exception) but the fact that all the prices are the same seems lazy to me, and offering a guitar with all the accessories (case etc) for less than half the retail price of just the hard shell case makes it look even worse.

Matt

I've had about five variants of this "company" pop up on my FaceBook feed offering £2000 guitars for £86.

It's the biggest scam since Scammy McScamster opened up a branch of "Scams R Us" in Scamstown, Scamshire and offered a free scam with every scam purchased over £85.

I'd avoid it, if I was you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4