Why become a member? ×

Old Eko Manta Bass

sarakisof

Hello everyone, i found an old 70's Eko Manta bass in decent condition. Start price was 150€ then got down to 120€. Was wondering if it is worth it, if i could get a usable tone from it. Having in mind that i already own an old 60s Teisco EB 220 (the "shark" one, found for few bucks back then), could this Eko made some difference tonally?

I know it's not a big amount, but you know even my old Teisco that i got for a few pennies was slightly used in one or two in my whole discography and recordings when needed, so if the Eko is similar I won't give 120 for it. Own so many basses already and don't want to get it just hanging on the wall. Neither reselling plans here. So if it could be usable at least i would go.

Read bad things from a member here though 🙄

Edited by sarakisof

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2020 at 19:58, fleabag said:

No answer.  Probably sipping Pina Colados in the Seychelles

Briefly back in the uncomfortable bright light of the overworld, having spent the last 6 months in my spacious, fully equipped subterranean bunker & control centre (from which I have absolutely no intention of orchestrating a campaign of global domination, oh no), and it pains me to have to tell you that I don't know nuffink about these, due primarily to the geographical gulf between Italia & Japan.

Looks tidy & cheap though, I'd probably pick it up just for fun at that price.

For info & date etc have a look at fetishguitars.com - lots of old Eko stuff on there. 

• Like 1