Why become a member? ×

Double Dano

alyctes

12 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Both my current bands are 3-piece so I'm not sure how that would work ... guess I need to find a new 4-piece or 5-piece project so that we can have a 'spare' musician when we need one.

Well, Silvie can stand behind you and do it. Oh actually, she has the devils handedness hasn't she - ok, she can stand in front!

12 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

I'm glad you mentioned that they're shortscale necks. It never even occurred to me to ask, and I just assumed that these were longscale for some reason.

Didn't occur to me until I put it on the sofa to take a picture and there is my Ibanez 1505 on the side of the sofa, and I thought 'oh its short'. Didn't actually occur to me playing it. I will measure it in a bit

• Haha 1

Long of horn, short of scale.  I've had a couple and love them.  As a single neck they are eye-catching enough but a double neck will certain command attention.  They have a certain sound that is so cool IMO.  They are made from a material called Masonite which is basically hardboard.  That and the hollow body made them so light but not especially robust.

I currently have a Dano '56 single cut - another shorty that sounds and plays exactly the same as the Longhorn but with a different body shape.