Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Cliff Bordwell fretless ball bass 32"
£800
London

Clarky

I bought this beautiful piece of luthiery in April from Alan aka wright/watt but have since decided that I will probably never play fretless electric bass live. Its too good a bass for the occasional 5 minutes of home noodle so I am looking to pass it on for the utter bargain price that Alan offered to me, which is £800. 32" medium scale, weighs 8.2 pounds, ebony board, superb woodworking on the neck joint. Since buying it, I have added some nice (pricey) black nylon La Bella tape wound strings for a woodier sound and a smooth feel. Does not have a dedicated gigbag or hardcase but I will find something if shipping is needed.

Pick up from London or delivery at cost

Alan's thread (ignore title, its lined with side dot markers on the fret positions): 

20200821_143244.jpg

20200821_143231.jpg

20200821_143226.jpg

20200821_143159.jpg

20200821_143216.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 5

Hi Clarky..Sorry to see this back up for sale so soon. Though someone else will be getting an out and out BARGAIN,  for a stunning looking, playing, and sounding bass at this price!!! Realistically you would be spending best part of £2.6k to have this built now plus shipping and import duties!!! Cliff Bordwell makes exceptional basses, think Sei or GB basses..top luthiery..ps As many of you know, Clarky is true gent to do business with. GLWTS of this exceptional bass 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, wright/watt said:

Hi Clarky..Sorry to see this back up for sale so soon. Though someone else will be getting an out and out BARGAIN,  for a stunning looking, playing, and sounding bass at this price!!! Realistically you would be spending best part of £2.6k to have this built now plus shipping and import duties!!! Cliff Bordwell makes exceptional basses, think Sei or GB basses..top luthiery..ps As many of you know, Clarky is true gent to do business with. GLWTS of this exceptional bass 😀

Hey Alan, a few months of lockdown have made me think more closely about what I actually need ... I was up to 7 basses and a double bass by May/June. I sure as heck hope my gigging days are not over but they will likely be few and far between for the foreseeable, so I have to be realistic. If this lovely CB goes, I will be down to 3 basses and a DB.

• Like 2

CB basses appear to exhibit some of the most exquisite wood working in the world of bass luthiery.  This one is no exception.  The quality of timbers and construction here are outstanding.  There's very evidently a great deal of handcrafting and artisanal/artistic skill applied to each of Cliff's instruments.  I'm getting back to playing a lot more fretless and my temptation is building.  An absolute bargain from one of BC's most trustworthy stalwarts!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1