Why become a member? ×

3Leaf Audio Octabvre MKIII

Quatschmacher

1 hour ago, GisserD said:

I thaught i read something about it was going to have octave up? 

Indeed it did, and an expression input. He had some problems with the circuit board last year though so I guess he scrapped that idea. 

To be honest, I like this design, small footprint while still having the dry kill switch. 

Wondering why the sub-only volume level is on an external trim pot and not a full-size knob. I wonder if it was an afterthought.

I’m presuming the font shown will be silkscreened onto the pedal. It looks cool, similar to the Dusk font. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

16 minutes ago, Dapper Bandit said:

Oooh, tasty!

The Mkii was one of my favourite octavers (an oct-faver if you will?) and even if this is just a mini rehouse, it would be worth further investigation!

I rue selling my MKII. Sometimes I hate it when I try to be “sensible”; it seems I do it when it’d be better not to and fail to do it when I should. 

1 hour ago, iamtheelvy said:

Been looking forward to seeing what this was going to be. Looks good, but got to say, I’d prefer the previous larger housing (big feet and clumsy switching)... 

Guess I’ll have to keep an eye on the second-hand market...

It was actually going to be a Doom/Octabvre hybrid but he ran into circuit problems. He says he might still release that later. 

4 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

I just pre-ordered one 😍 can't wait!

It seems like all the best bits of the previous 3/4 versions: dry cut switch, the Tim tuning, small footprint... and now independent volumes for dry and wet signals.

Yep, I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger too.