Why become a member? ×

Ovation Magnum..........which model?

ProfJames

52 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Just remembered  Magazine  ( remember them ? Great band )  bass player used a Magnum 2 amongst other models

Saw them in Manchester about 10 years ago. Their bassist (Barry Adamson) played a Magnum 2 and a Fender Jaguar. Great gig and great tone.

I think the whole gig is on YouTube and Spotify. Worth a watch. They still sounded great.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, pineweasel said:

Wobble started playing his Magnum in the late 80s, long after PIL. All the PIL stuff was done with a Precision, although he’s playing an  Ampeg bass that video, I’m pretty sure. 

He's definitely playing an Ampeg in the OGWT session.

3 hours ago, pineweasel said:

Wobble started playing his Magnum in the late 80s, long after PIL. All the PIL stuff was done with a Precision, although he’s playing an  Ampeg bass that video, I’m pretty sure. 

Thanks

Wasnt totally sure about the era of his  Ovation.  Just new he started using one at some point in the distant past and guessed at PiL

I used one on a song on an album once. It was hanging on a wall in a studio in eagle rock and looked and sounded like it hadn't been played in years. Worked perfectly for this sting-esque verse on a song! We also used it with an ebow which sounded glorious through a Neve console tho I don't know if that actually got used for anything. 

Had no idea there were so many variations of the bass! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...