Why become a member? ×

NGD

Grahambythesea

So the nice man from DHL delivered a parcel today! As I probably play as much guitar these days as I do bass I had 3 electro acoustics, one 12 string, two 6 and two of those were Taylors. However I haven’t owned an electric in years! So I sold the Taylor 6 string and replaced it with this neat little T5Z which is supposed to be able to do acoustic sound and electric.  Nice dinky body which is surprisingly audible unplugged, amazing neck super shallow and the 5 way selector switching between its 3 pickups. I know it only looks like one but there is another hidden in the body by the neck and then a body sensor picking up the vibrations of the mahogany top.

ive only a little 10watt amp at home so not the best test as it’s pretty tinny, but so far I’m impressed. I wouldn’t say the acoustic tone is the same as my electro acoustics but it will do and will be interesting to hear it through a PA.

Neat little gig bag too.

A4D3AB28-8C94-4424-BE40-3B4F1128F35F.jpeg

F2DF0103-2F25-45FC-8158-1E489C5FC91A.jpeg

3BD75B9D-D192-44D4-914B-9D383A06E224.jpeg

FADF0DE3-B675-43DD-A794-0B94BDFA80B6.jpeg

• Like 6

Beautiful! Would be interested in our advice... I hack around on guitar, have played at acoustic nights and so on and 9months ago picked up an electric for messing about recording, though I never expect to play ripping lead like Hendrix. I don't really want both guitars and considered something like this as a good single instrument to cover both... Is that realistic or are these more of an acoustic than a 50/50 between acoustic and electric? 

Taylor say the T5Z was designed for electric guitarists who wanted an acoustic option. The original T5 which had a bigger body and a different neck was intended to be for acoustic guitarists wanting an electric. I think they have now stopped making the T5 but continue with the Z variation. 
It definitely feels more like an electric than an acoustic .

Have look at Taylor video and I think you’ll get a pretty clear idea of its capabilities.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

Taylor say the T5Z was designed for electric guitarists who wanted an acoustic option. The original T5 which had a bigger body and a different neck was intended to be for acoustic guitarists wanting an electric. I think they have now stopped making the T5 but continue with the Z variation. 
It definitely feels more like an electric than an acoustic .

Have look at Taylor video and I think you’ll get a pretty clear idea of its capabilities.

Looks like an incredible instrument! Love the easy selection of the sounds.