Why become a member? ×

First “official” review!

Rubbersoul

Hi,

Just thought I’d share a review I received today of Plague Doctors debut ep, Outbreak. It’s from Ragged Records and I hope it’s ok to post it here 😎

Superb beginning! This is a nice thick slice of well-produced dystopian heavy rock. I really like the inclusion of the voice over sections in 'Reality Check' lending an unusual political sensitivity to the sound, it’s worrying music for disaffected times and works well. ’ Creature’ is equally appealing, with a huge sound despite the programmed drums (be interesting to hear this band with a real brute of a live drummer).  The lyrics are excellent I thought, capturing the paranoia of these times perfectly. ’Oblivion Seeker’ has a real sleazy crawl to it, and on this track the machine drums add to this beautifully, - like being caught in the cogs of a nightmare.  I could imagine driving across Trump’s America with this on the radio,  and that voice sounds genuinely pained/half insane, just right.  ‘ Forgotten’ is  blessed with a superb bass sound you could bottle and sell on its own. This is impressive and accomplished new rock, mined from the deep and the dark. 
Reviewed by Ragged RecordsSuperb beginning! This is a nice thick slice of well-produced dystopian heavy rock. I really like the inclusion of the voice over sections in 'Reality Check' lending an unusual political sensitivity to the sound, it’s worrying music for disaffected times and works well. ’ Creature’ is equally appealing, with a huge sound despite the programmed drums (be interesting to hear this band with a real brute of a live drummer).  The lyrics are excellent I thought, capturing the paranoia of these times perfectly. ’Oblivion Seeker’ has a real sleazy crawl to it, and on this track the machine drums add to this beautifully, - like being caught in the cogs of a nightmare.  I could imagine driving across Trump’s America with this on the radio,  and that voice sounds genuinely pained/half insane, just right.  ‘ Forgotten’ is  blessed with a superb bass sound you could bottle and sell on its own. This is impressive and accomplished new rock, mined from the deep and the dark. 
Reviewed by Ragged Records