Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 Q/strip for sale. ^^SOLD^^
£170
Central london

dave_bass5

Ive had this for a couple of years, brought new by me, and love it to bits. Problem is i haven’t really had a use for it. I did trade it for a bass last year, and then brought it back. Its very versatile, and can be used for more than just bass. Our singer has used it for vocals at gigs, and me and my guitarist used it extensively on the last demo. Its got a nice warm/vintage vibe, but it works for everything. 

Now i have a Graphic EQ i really don’t have a use for this anymore. 

This is the official Tech 21 webpage for it  http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/effects/q-strip/

Not looking for anything, so sale only. Close offers considered. Happy to post for £5 more. Comes with original tin box etc. 

A2C4EE78-E2C8-4A41-8355-522744D2A72B.thumb.jpeg.8ea7b0b2b1d831319d0edf9cd0d86904.jpeg7213EB65-10EC-4AF4-B414-2C10FE92EA4A.thumb.jpeg.7cda80ffb09b2c9009faafafbe24652e.jpeg4F16ECD4-9E4F-42CB-AAB2-90089495A9A5.thumb.jpeg.f34c61bcb8068a1f052abf62faeb75ac.jpeg

Edited by dave_bass5

Hi Dave

This looks interesting. Do you think this could be used as a preamp and eq for upright bass pickup for home recording? I use mic when I can but want to add some definition with pickup as well on certain songs. Looking for something possibky multi functional that could be used for acoustic guitar di, electric bass di and upright bass.

Cheers Simon

48 minutes ago, randythoades said:

Hi Dave

This looks interesting. Do you think this could be used as a preamp and eq for upright bass pickup for home recording? I use mic when I can but want to add some definition with pickup as well on certain songs. Looking for something possibky multi functional that could be used for acoustic guitar di, electric bass di and upright bass.

Cheers Simon

This is ideal for upright bass. Its not instrument specific so works with most things. 

I would be using it myself as a pre amp (with electric bass though). I have in the past, but the one thing i find lacking is no drive. For this reason ive struggled to use this over my BDDI. The EQ on this is outstanding, and has a HPF/LPF as well, but it was never quite enough as a one pedal solution if i wanted more than one tone. 

Hi Dave. Thanks for this. Just been looking at reviews on acoustic guitar and general studio use. The HPF seems all I would need on upright with minor eq adjustments as I would only want clean and powerful without much colouration or drive. But I think I could have multiple uses in a small home studio.

So I think I will go for it please. I can send you a paypal payment tomorrow if you send me an email address. I can't see on this screen where you are based but I think I would needed posting to Surrey.

Cheers Simon

• MB1 locked this topic