Why become a member? ×

Not so nice surprise delivery ...

Adee

5 minutes ago, Adee said:

Yep, as far as QC goes, this one takes the crown. I hope they get to the root of the problem and don't brush it off, or they'll have to brace themselves for... well, you know the drill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

Yep, as far as QC goes, this one takes the crown. I hope they get to the root of the problem and don't brush it off, or they'll have to brace themselves for... well, you know the drill.

Feel a bit brushed off, makes me spew just thinking about it

21 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

I just ordered the last one, I don’t mind if they make a boob, but I hope they don’t pink torpedo it up

I was told they had none left !!??

2 hours ago, Maude said:

Could it have been a disgruntled employee on his last day packaging these? A good squelch around in the ears and throw a surprise in each box, that'll show 'em! 

I guess it could be, who pops an animal tooth in ffs !!

On 23/08/2020 at 16:05, Cuzzie said:

My comment was poor attempt at humour again - with teething problems they send a tooth, if they make a boob of a Coq-up of your Order.....

Aaah haaa well let's hope they don't send anyone a fur cup ... Ooh dear

Not sure what I expected from @Ashdown Engineering but disappointment is about right, I thought they might want to have them back to examine? But then they probably don't want to touch the filth they sent me either !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Does this include leather shoes or belts..? Mammouth ivory..? 'Lucky' rabbit's feet..? Tortoiseshell combs..?

The sale of real tortoiseshell was banned in 1973 so in that case yes.

For the rest of it, IMO, you're just being contentious for the sake of it which is not conduct befitting a moderator.

Personally if I'd received that package, I'd be making a much bigger fuss then the OP appears to be doing. As well as complaining to whoever sent that (Ashdown?) I'd have also been straight on to the company that delivered the parcel to let them know what they had been carrying as well as my local environmental health department to let them know what I had been sent.

11 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

...For the rest of it, IMO, you're just being contentious for the sake of it which is not conduct befitting a moderator...

Sorry if this is redundant, but it may be fitting to explain my use of these graphic thingies. The ':|' indicates 'tongue in cheek', usually, or, on occasion, 'Whatever'. The '...' is a pause for effect, followed by a 'xD' to suggest laughing (as at a joke...), and a cheeky ':P', to show that it's a 'leg-pull'.
Hope this helps. :friends:

Edited by Dad3353

9 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Sorry if this is redundant, but it may be fitting to explain my use of these graphic thingies. The ':|' indicates 'tongue in cheek', usually, or, on occasion, 'Whatever'. The '...' is a pause for effect, followed by a 'xD' to suggest laughing (as at a joke...), and a cheeky ':P', to show that it's a 'leg-pull'.
Hope this helps. :friends:

Yes I get that, but making fun of a serious comment detracts from the thread IMO. Again not suitable conduct, IMO, from someone who is supposed to be a moderator.

8 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Yes I get that, but making fun of a serious comment detracts from the thread IMO. Again not suitable conduct, IMO, from someone who is supposed to be a moderator.

I have replies to remarks of the sort, but the cuss filter would likely remove them. Being a Mod doesn't stop me having an opinion, nor from posting comment, 'humorous' or otherwise. Lighten up, lad; lighten up. 9_9 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Adee said:

More that happy with the funny and serious comments as well as the advise, shame Ashdown @Ashdown Engineering seem to think its acceptable and I'm not sure they have taken it as seriously as we'd have expected ...

@Ashdown Engineering haven't been on here since the middle of June, so I don't think tagging them in this thread is going to achieve much.

I think since you've already returned the earbuds (did you return the tooth too?) and got a refund that's probably it. However, if that had been me, I would have been in touch with the carrier to let them know what one of their customers had been sending using their services, my local environmental health department, as well as trading standards.