Why become a member? ×

Not so nice surprise delivery ...

Adee

I ordered some Earbuds last week, new (apparently) reduced, bit of a bargain I 'thought' from the company that makes them.

They came with free ear wax, discoloured parts and the best part a flippin' dog tooth !! (could be cat I guess) how disgusting, obviously someones return with added 'surprise' ... makes you wonder what goes on sometimes. Sealed them up, washed my hands a couple of times ... complained, got apology and refund ... think I'll wash my hands again ...  

2.thumb.jpg.30ac886a7a12ac4448356abf3161c7db.jpg

Edited by Adee
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, Beedster said:

All part of distance selling culture I'm afraid, same thing as in this thread

I've not mentioned names but the brand is a lot closer to home than you think unfortunately! I get selling returns is usually OK as long as they are checked and as good as new ...

Edited by Adee

17 hours ago, christhammer666 said:

ive been married to my wonderful wife for 10 years and she is my heart and soul, even if she gave me these id seriously consider divorce let alone APPARENTLY new from a company

Maybe a tad extreme but I agree my skin was crawling for hours after it, whilst apologetic they didn't really grasp how vile it actually was to receive and handle another persons discharge / animals parts especially with the current pandemic climate ...  I love what Ashdown / Meters do but someone took their foot right off the pedal on this occasion

22 hours ago, Adee said:

I've not mentioned names but the brand is a lot closer to home than you think unfortunately! I get selling returns is usually OK as long as they are checked and as good as new ...

It's pretty obvious what the brand is from the logos on the box. Not what you'd expect from them at all, or anybody, indeed. Hope it gets properly resolved for you. 

2 hours ago, BassBod said:

That’s horrible, and just plain weird?!!

I hope they can explain/apologise in an acceptable way...not that I’m sure that’s possible in this case 😳

They said sorry, gave refund and offered 15% discount off another set ... I'm not so keen or bothered now ... maybe they thought I'd made it up and was trying it on .... Yeah I made up a dog (maybe cat) tooth ffs, like you do !!!

I'll take the Sossies and Jam any day ... I'm still not sure they actually 'got' how hideous it actually was to find bodily discharge and animal parts in a pack they sold as new, that any one had even remotely checked the  obviously returned broken / unwanted product. I've not touched them any further for hygiene reasons ...

@ashdown @Ashdown Engineering care to comment?

21 hours ago, Adee said:

I'll take the Sossies and Jam any day ... I'm still not sure they actually 'got' how hideous it actually was to find bodily discharge and animal parts in a pack they sold as new, that any one had even remotely checked the  obviously returned broken / unwanted product. I've not touched them any further for hygiene reasons ...

@ashdown @Ashdown Engineering care to comment?

Was it sold as new or from their B stock clearance?