Why become a member? ×

Eric Clapton’s music “mediocre”?

Baxlin

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Roderick's greatest talent by far these days seems to be in the construction of 1:87 scale model buildings. 

Nowt wrong wie that. Its my hobby after bass. 1:76 scale model railways. Relaxing drifting off into another world and better times . :lol:

Dave

• Like 2

Just now, dmccombe7 said:

Who's Mr Perks ? 

Sorry i better google that as it seems uncool on BC if you don't know someone.:laugh1:

Dave

Railway Children. I should have known that one to be honest. One of my fav classic movies. That and Titfield Thunderbolt of course. 

Dave

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Nowt wrong wie that. Its my hobby after bass. 1:76 scale model railways. Relaxing drifting off into another world and better times . :lol:

Dave

Oh definitely nothing wrong with it at all, quite the opposite. I've been planning a OO industrial/quayside layout of my own. One of these days... :) 
We should start a model railways thread :D 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Rich said:

Oh definitely nothing wrong with it at all, quite the opposite. I've been planning a OO industrial/quayside layout of my own. One of these days... :) 

There are others on BC for sure.

45 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm at the planning stages too for next year when i move it into a Garden Building. Had house layouts but visitors think its a toy so i dismantled it all. Was going to put one in loft but temperature change winter to summer creates problems plus it can affect your house insurance if loft used for more than storage. Bit of a grey area apparently. Big Garden Shed it is then.

Dave

• Like 1

Thought it was just me but I'm glad to see that there are others that find EC bland. I have never understood the Clapton is God brigade as there are so many better guitarists in my opinion who never received the acclaim EC got. EC is a great guitarist no doubt, but the likes of Rory Gallagher, Peter Green and others far surpass him in the blues dept. But everyone has their choices and tastes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Are you lot trying to railroad this thread. Sounds like you might be steaming.

Dave

Just trying to gauge the response and layout the options. Sorry if we’re getting off track but I think you’re missing the points that are being made and not seeing the signals. This is a platform that we can use to discuss whether a model train thread will be successful or whether we should shunt it into the bin. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Just trying to gauge the response and layout the options. Sorry if we’re getting off track but I think you’re missing the points that are being made and not seeing the signals. This is a platform that we can use to discuss whether a model train thread will be successful or whether we should shunt it into the bin. 

Coupled with the relevant timetable i'm sure we could train ourselves to travel almost anywhere along the line and perhaps station ourselves at the appropriate junction

Dave

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Guess i'm neither UP nor DOWN 

You need to find some other way to express yourself.

The points you make are valid and I thinking of siding with you. Just hope the idea doesn’t run out of steam or hit the buffers

• Haha 1