Hellzero

!!! SOLD !!! KRAMER DMZ 6000 B original top of the line from 1980, not a Stagemaster Imperial Bass that didn't exist in 1980 !!! with original hard case
£1350
Etalle, South Belgium

Posted (edited)

Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

KRAMER DMZ 6000 B original top of the line from 1980 with original hard case. Pay attention that most people are pretending that this model is a Stagemaster Imperial Bass, but it's the rarer top of the line DMZ 6000 B as the Stagemaster was introduced in 1981, had a 4 bolts neck plate engraved with Stagemaster, had 2 volumes with only 1 tone and the not so good Schaller pickups !!!

Absolutely no trade !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1350 GBP !!!

In fully working condition, fully original (except for the added strap button for better balance) and in very good overall condition.

Here are the specifications :

Body : figured walnut and figured maple top with non figured same woods for the back

Neck : aluminium with figured maple inserts and perfect neck joint

Fingerboard : ebonol (bakelite, in fact) with crown inlays

Frets : 20

Headstock : 2 + 2 shape (angled)

Pickups : 2 original DiMarzio humbucking PAF (yes, in 1980 it was still Patent Applied For) P/J, the bass side of the P pickup has a different discolouration which is quite typical

Preamp : active DBL-1 preamp buffer which means the controls are exactly the same as a passive bass

Controls : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 3 positions "mini" switch for the pickups selection and series/parallel "mini" switch for each pickup

Tuners : original Schaller

Bridge : original Badass

Strings spacing at bridge : 19.5 mm

Nut : aluminium with zero fret

Strings spacing at nut : 11 mm

Knobs : 4 new identical to the original knurled type ones (original well worn and partly broken do come with the bass)

Scale : 33 3/4"

Hardware colour : chrome and aluminium

Truss rod : none and perfect very slight relief whatever strings gauge you may put

Finish : high gloss

Land of craftsmanship : USA

Serial number : A2048

Year : 1980

Weight : 4.690 kilos

Action : from a bit under 1.5 mm under the G string to a bit under 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original Kramer hard case where the handle has been moved for better balance.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC. It has a new battery and has been fitted with a brand new set of Elixir Nickel Plated Steel Bass Strings with a NANOWEB® Coating 14002 strings (40 - 60 - 75 - 95).

This bass is, despite its age, still very modern sounding and dead silent. Only very slight neck diving but with the added strap button, it balances perfectly.

Link to the Kramer vintage aluminium page : http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm

Link to the Elixir strings https://www.elixirstrings.com/guitar-strings/electric-bass-nickel-plated-steel-nanoweb-coating

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles to see the fantastic condition for a 40 years old bass (only very small blemishes) ! All the photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mWh2Iwo467qeJsimpX3UdFegJOTs_HIe?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

1840378763_KramerDMZ6000B1980(17).thumb.jpg.d3c18c4fac530c0bcc0310e1fed984c2.jpg

1817624225_KramerDMZ6000B1980(18).thumb.jpg.359abd7f38a293852121a2099408ad70.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 9

Absolutely stunning - that Walnut is Alembic quality!

• Thanks 1

That's about as nice a Kramer as you'll ever see.

More photogenic than mine, that's for sure!

hE26Kl5.jpg

• Thanks 1

On hold ! 😊

• Like 1

And sold ! 😊

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Wilco
      Fantastic bass that I’ve thought long and hard about selling, but I need to raise funds for some other gear for a new band project that I don’t need this bass for.
      Not far off new condition - a light scratch on heel of the neck & a couple really small lower body dings is about it.
      Huge spec, loads of tonal flexibility & plays like a dream. Comes with the usual Ibby rectangular foam semi hard case
      Spec:-
      neck type BTB57pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple neck w/Graphite reinforcement rodsNeck-through top/back/body Walnut topWalnut backAsh wing body fretboard Bound Panga Panga fretboardAbalone off-set dot inlay fret Medium Stainless Steel fretsPremium fret edge treatment number of frets 24 (+ zero fret) bridge MR5S bridge string space 19mm neck pickup Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive bridge pickup Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive equaliser Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & 3-way Mid frequency switch Gotoh tuners too & locking Jack socket.

No postage on this - pick up or collection from Swindon, or meet up say an hour away from here.

• By Arnoldoc
      Ken Smith Elite 20th Anniversary Flamed Redwood Top 6 string  (1 of 11 made)
      Best Ken Smith out of the 10 or so I've owned for a very rare (very few have ever come out for sale) bass.
      Not looking for trades - selling as bringing down my collection and mainly play jazz style basses these days.
      Lots of feedback in the forum
      Specs:
      Flamed Redwood Top with Matching Headstock.
      Body Core and Heel Blocks are made of Tiger Maple. The Laminate between the Redwood and the Tiger Maple is Black Walnut, and the Body Features are Tropical Walnut.
      The Neck is made of Hard Rock Maple with African Bubinga features and heel laminate.
      The Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony and has Mother of Pearl Top and Side Dots.
      Pickups and Electronics are the same as the BSR "EG" and includes Series/Parallel Switches.
      The bass has a 20th Anniversary Backplate and Truss Rod Cover.
      These were $6,000 when made new in 1999/2000.
      Bass has cosmetic wear / bumps from the previous owner (I am the second owner and have owned it for the past 15 years), which is reflected in the price, but functionally it works perfectly and the frets are almost as new and plays with an incredibly low action with no buzz.
      34" scale.  18mm string spacing
      4.6kg / 10.1lb
      Ken Smith in his quest for the best tone woods found only a limited amount of this rare, old, seasoned, air dried, Figured Redwood. Because of the limited amount, only 11 of the KSA 6 flamed redwood basses were made.

• By waveydavy
      For sale 2019 Sandberg California Superlight TM4. Under 7 lb in weight. This is the earlier version with cedar body. Bought new last May. Excellent condition, one small mark to side of body was there from new. Comes with Sandberg gigbag. Can supply generic abs moulded  hard case  for shipping. Currently strung with elixirs.
      I have changed the scratchplate to a genuine Sandberg tort version 

More photos to follow 
    • By Hellzero
      Active IBANEZ AFR-P (P-Bass) pickup completely wired with volume, tone pot, capacitor, battery plug and screws, but no output jack.

For sale only.

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £25 GBP !!!

In fully working condition.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

Selling only because I have no further use of it as it's been removed from a bass now totally passive.

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures to see the real condition : used.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By Jarczan
      NEW PRICE 700 !!!!
      Sound Samples: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FBZAiqArPSBhUibqIkFEKytnit7Z8-IT/view?usp=sharing
      Sample order: Neck Flat - Neck EQ - Both Flat - Both EQ - Bridge Flat - Bridge EQ
      Body: Afzelia(front) + Sycamore Thin Layer +  Bubinga(back) Construction: Neck-Through-Body Fingerboard: Ebony with Blue Led Dots Neck: Shedua with Flamed Sycamore Strips Scale: 34 String spacing: around 19mm Tuners: Gotoh Pickups: EMG 40J + EMG40J Electronics: EMG BQC System 9V (Vol - Balance - Stack Mid/MidFreq - Stack Treble/Bass) Bridge: Brass Hipshot A Style Shaller Straplocks Included Hard Case Included Weight around: 5.1kg / 11lbs The bass recently came back from the luthier:
      The old keys were replaced with new Gotohs Old Schaller Bridge was replaced with a new Hipshot A Style Electronics upgraded to 18V One EMG 40DC replaced by EMG 40P5 New frets Fingerboard sanding before placing new frets Setup for 45-100 + 135 strings Bass is located in Poznań, Poland. I'd prefer to keep it EU only.
      Money adjustment to be discussed.