Why become a member? ×

!!! SOLD !!! KRAMER DMZ 6000 B original top of the line from 1980, not a Stagemaster Imperial Bass that didn't exist in 1980 !!! with original hard case
£1350
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

KRAMER DMZ 6000 B original top of the line from 1980 with original hard case. Pay attention that most people are pretending that this model is a Stagemaster Imperial Bass, but it's the rarer top of the line DMZ 6000 B as the Stagemaster was introduced in 1981, had a 4 bolts neck plate engraved with Stagemaster, had 2 volumes with only 1 tone and the not so good Schaller pickups !!!

Absolutely no trade !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1350 GBP !!!

In fully working condition, fully original (except for the added strap button for better balance) and in very good overall condition.

Here are the specifications :

Body : figured walnut and figured maple top with non figured same woods for the back

Neck : aluminium with figured maple inserts and perfect neck joint

Fingerboard : ebonol (bakelite, in fact) with crown inlays

Frets : 20

Headstock : 2 + 2 shape (angled)

Pickups : 2 original DiMarzio humbucking PAF (yes, in 1980 it was still Patent Applied For) P/J, the bass side of the P pickup has a different discolouration which is quite typical

Preamp : active DBL-1 preamp buffer which means the controls are exactly the same as a passive bass

Controls : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 3 positions "mini" switch for the pickups selection and series/parallel "mini" switch for each pickup

Tuners : original Schaller

Bridge : original Badass

Strings spacing at bridge : 19.5 mm

Nut : aluminium with zero fret

Strings spacing at nut : 11 mm

Knobs : 4 new identical to the original knurled type ones (original well worn and partly broken do come with the bass)

Scale : 33 3/4"

Hardware colour : chrome and aluminium

Truss rod : none and perfect very slight relief whatever strings gauge you may put

Finish : high gloss

Land of craftsmanship : USA

Serial number : A2048

Year : 1980

Weight : 4.690 kilos

Action : from a bit under 1.5 mm under the G string to a bit under 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original Kramer hard case where the handle has been moved for better balance.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC. It has a new battery and has been fitted with a brand new set of Elixir Nickel Plated Steel Bass Strings with a NANOWEB® Coating 14002 strings (40 - 60 - 75 - 95).

This bass is, despite its age, still very modern sounding and dead silent. Only very slight neck diving but with the added strap button, it balances perfectly.

Link to the Kramer vintage aluminium page : http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm

Link to the Elixir strings https://www.elixirstrings.com/guitar-strings/electric-bass-nickel-plated-steel-nanoweb-coating

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles to see the fantastic condition for a 40 years old bass (only very small blemishes) ! All the photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mWh2Iwo467qeJsimpX3UdFegJOTs_HIe?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

1840378763_KramerDMZ6000B1980(17).thumb.jpg.d3c18c4fac530c0bcc0310e1fed984c2.jpg

1817624225_KramerDMZ6000B1980(18).thumb.jpg.359abd7f38a293852121a2099408ad70.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 9

• MB1 locked this topic