Why become a member? ×

!!! SOLD !!! KRAMER 450 B original fretless from 1979 with original latte macchiato hard case
£999
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

KRAMER 450 B original fretless from 1979 with original latte macchiato hard case.

NOW OPENED (past participle) TO TRADES !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £999 GBP !!!

In fully working condition, fully original (except for the new tuners as the original ones were dead and the two strap buttons) and in very good overall condition.

Here are the specifications :

Body  : walnut and maple

Neck : aluminium with walnut inserts

Fingerboard : ebonol (bakelite, in fact)

Positions : 20 original lined fretless (not a defretted model)

Headstock : 2 + 2 shape (angled)

Pickups : 2 original Kramer with their original wood surroundings (pickups are adjustable ONLY at the back)

Preamp : passive

Controls : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 3 positions switch with the original aluminium drop

Tuners : new Schaller M4 180 Light (to avoid neck diving)

Bridge : original Kramer

Strings spacing at bridge : 18.5 mm

Nut : aluminium with zero fret

Strings spacing at nut : 11 mm

Knobs : 4 new identical to the original knurled type ones (original well worn and partly broken do come with the bass)

Scale : 33 3/4"

Hardware colour : chrome and aluminium

Truss rod : none and perfect very slight relief whatever strings gauge you may put

Finish : high gloss

Land of craftsmanship : USA

Serial number : 22168

Year : 1979

Weight : 4.505 kilos

Action : from a bit under 1.5 mm under the G string to a bit under 2 mm under the E string at 12th position (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original Kramer rare latte macchiato hard case and 1 NOS spare set of Alembic CX3-45L strings that suit this fretless at the perfection, even if they have a bad habit to rust in places even when new !?!

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC who did a fingerboard dressing and changed the tuners. It has been fitted with a brand new set of Alembic CX3-45L nickel pressure wound strings (45 - 65 - 80 - 105).

This bass is, despite its age, still very modern sounding and dead silent. No neck diving with the new tuners.

Link to the Kramer vintage aluminium page : http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm

Link to the Schaller tuners fitted https://www.emma-music.com/-schaller,us,4,SCH-503172.cfm

Link to the Alembic strings http://www.alembic.com/prod/strings.html

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles to see the very good condition for a 41 years old bass ! Pay attention to the neck fitting where you can hide lots of things : it's the way they were assembled, sometimes very tight, sometimes not at all, but it has no incidence on the sound. All the photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ENOsU_o_tTfLEu2doDGyeCVE-xYls0Vr?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

633204954_Kramer450BFretless1979(1).thumb.jpg.939bf70bfc018fdb695f3e1d3c8269b5.jpg

41488671_Kramer450BFretless1979(7).thumb.jpg.baad7613b233902b00290423e288d3ac.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
Trades
  • Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, gareth said:

Is it a fretted bass that has been de fretted rather than a factory Fretless 

No, it's not. It's been inspected by the great luthier Christophe LEDUC and there is absolutely no signs of prior fretting on this bass. It's also mentioned in the ad.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic