Why become a member? ×

Infinite Bass 1.5FL - COMPLETED (again)

HazBeen

4 hours ago, Chopthebass said:

Nice wood choices for the neck. Just hope that big change of wenge in the middle doesn't make it too heavy.

Funny that you say this.... for me weight is an issue. I’ve weighed it and I am changing configuration 2 cm quartersawn wenge centre and 2 maple sides. Still giveS me the warmth of the wenge (also have a wenge fretboard) and makes it much lighter. The 5 piece Config will be used elsewhere.

Not as “sexy”, but my back will thank me.

Edited by HazBeen

So as per the above, the weight of my 5 piece was concerning, so I have reverted to my original plan, maple neck with wenge centre.

Not as beautiful, but better in weight and I think it should work well for fretless with an epoxied (or CA finished) wenge fretboard.

729AAC4B-DED4-4D4E-B355-27953E5824E9.jpeg

1F9A781C-9B28-482C-8692-9230A3D7631C.jpeg

• Like 2

Whenever I see one of these photos in a build thread, I always think of Father Jack... "Drink! Feck! Girls! Clamps!!"

Maybe it's just me... 😊

Hope to see the 5 piece neck somewhere soon, it was a really nice combination. I do like the headstock shape you've gone for. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, spacecowboy said:

Looking really good mate! Can't wait to see that neck shaped! 

Unfortunately time is going to be in short supply the next weeks. But we’ll get there.

Still a bit bummed out that my 5 piece was much heavier than planned, but since this bass is for me it needs to be max 4kg.

I am back to thoroughly hating my router. No major upset thankfully, but I had a kick whilst trimming my neck and darn well nearly took a chunk out..... luckily I literally just grazed the wood so it will sand out.

Not much to show as I only rough cut the neck and still need to trim the sides properly, but I guess I can show you the trussrod and carbon rods installed.

DECEB2DF-864C-4E5A-B6F1-178883279EDD.thumb.jpeg.b9f584899124549f3da2e4fde8a9b46d.jpeg51A339E7-934C-429A-A872-B546C7F4C1C9.thumb.jpeg.ee2c94a0aedd639efba2780cc59b7c7d.jpeg632210B5-F37A-4AF6-ACF8-B33AF01A6F36.thumb.jpeg.433bb51963e7d7a7bbaaee60b46d12f2.jpeg

• Like 4

Am gigging this weekend (have a sneaky suspicion it will be the last of 2020 with the Covid situation) so will not get much done.

That said I have secured styrene strips for some semi-fretlines, built a new radius jig and the Luminlay side dots have arrived from Japan.

And..... my logo laser cut in black plexi arrived :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HazBeen said:

Am gigging this weekend (have a sneaky suspicion it will be the last of 2020 with the Covid situation) so will not get much done.

That said I have secured styrene strips for some semi-fretlines, built a new radius jig and the Luminlay side dots have arrived from Japan.

And..... my logo laser cut in black plexi arrived :)

Need to see a pic of that logo! 

• Like 1