Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Japan Jazz Bass Special PJ-555
£680
Cardiff

miles'tone

Up for sale is my Fender Japan Jazz Bass Special which I actually imported from Japan myself as I couldn't find one here!

It's one of the coveted first run E series (1984-1987) with the all black neck and Hot Rod larger pole PJ pickups which sound amazing! It's a low number E series so I think it's possibly a 1985.

It is all original, even down to the pots and switches and even has all 3 of it's original 'F' knobs present and complete (they are pretty much impossible to find and are pricey when they do show up)

I suppose I have to mention the ubiquitous Duff McKagan of Guns and Roses connection - he used exactly the same bass throughout the GnR years...

Which I knew nothing about until I started shopping for one! I was initially inspired to get one because Zia Geelani of Ozric Tentacles played one to GREAT effect.

It really is a fabulous bass, the neck is Jazz width at the nut (which is graphite) and super solid and straight, the nicest Fender neck I've played, and the truss rod works perfectly with plenty of adjustment in either direction.

The electronics are Volume/volume/TBX tone control (goes brighter and also deeper than a normal passive tone - every bit of it usable) and also a pickup selector switch which between them all adds up to incredible versatility for a passive bass.

It's pretty lightweight weighing in at 8.7lbs and balances perfectly.

It does have some dinks and bumps here and there and has been touched up near the input jack where it looks like it was dropped at some point in it's life. Purely cosmetic as it doesn't affect the playability in any way - Genuine road worn mojo! It is a 35 year old bass after all. Currently set up with a nice low action with a set of virtually new DR Hi Beams 100-40.

Another nice touch is the head stock decal, which in fact isn't really a decal.. They were actually silk-screen printed on then lacquered over! Quality. The whole bass is pure class and feels it. I will miss it dearly and already plan to get another when my finances pick up again.

I'm just looking to get back what it cost me which is £680. I will post it safely if required at the buyers expense.

Thanks for looking.

IMG20200815220059.jpg

IMG20200815220124.jpg

IMG_20200815_221810.jpg

IMG20200815220256.jpg

IMG_20200815_221643.jpg

IMG20200815220346.jpg

IMG20200815220454.jpg

IMG_20200815_221731.jpg

IMG20200815220234.jpg

Edited by miles'tone
  • Like 8