Why become a member? ×

GONE - Audio Interfaces - Broken in need of TLC

redd

Hi everyone,

I have 2 audio interfaces that do not work. They are free to collect for anyone who wants to have a go at fixing them. I have had both in the loft for about 8 years under the pretence that one day I would sort them out, but who am I trying to kid? 

Presonus Firepod. Awesome when it worked. 8 inputs, super lovely preamps. Suddenly stopped one day. Tried different options of power supply but nothing doing. Boxed and everything. Looks great, works not. 

Tascam FW1082 - also brilliant when working, motorisedfaders and 8 preamps. Unfortunately some Muppet put the FireWire cable in upside down and blew the system. It now does what can be safely called the dancing lights of doom. I actually got as far as phoning Tascam about this one, they told me that it was the firewire unit on the main board. I've still no idea what they meant. (Also full disclosure -the Muppet was me)

Just for clarity - both audio interfaces are 100 percent NOT WORKING. I just wondered if anyone wanted them before I hurl them sobbing into a skip.

Cheers

1597503853490544802389506883264.jpg

15975038675192616882812575544847.jpg

Edited by redd
Item collected

• MB1 locked this topic