Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Owners Club

stewblack

I just got this Ibanez EHB1005MS in Black. That’s one hell of a great bass. Probably one or the best I’ve ever played and I played some stupid expensive stuff. 
I really enjoy the feel of Neck, the light weight and the amazing Sound. 
The multi scale is great. It’s effortless and it just makes sense once you played one. One of my of the best B strings I’ve played. 

C8D761D1-E8AD-4B72-BAB1-D910C607DDDA.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

The EHB has spoiled me. I keep a GSR around for BEAD tuning, but after playing it this weekend, I decided to sell it.

Unfortunately since it's Valentines weekend, no one is interested in buying anything that isn't flowers, jewelry, or heart-shaped candy, LOL!

Anyway, my decision came from two reasons, I just like the sound of those Nordstrands SO much that it spoils me, & the comfort. I have mild tennis-elbow from playing the GSR.

I guess I'm officially a gear-snob now,  I'm the guy who balks when folks tell me they have an ESP & then show me photos of a LTD 🤣

On 06/02/2021 at 23:06, Ltsal said:

I just got this Ibanez EHB1005MS in Black. That’s one hell of a great bass. Probably one or the best I’ve ever played and I played some stupid expensive stuff. 
I really enjoy the feel of Neck, the light weight and the amazing Sound. 
The multi scale is great. It’s effortless and it just makes sense once you played one. One of my of the best B strings I’ve played. 

C8D761D1-E8AD-4B72-BAB1-D910C607DDDA.jpeg

What are the BH2s like? They sound very polite in demos, maybe more classic P? Looking at the green multiscale 

• Like 1

I have 2 at present, both plastic fantastic. 

An EDC 715 (Left) and an EDB 605 (Right)

Previous form; an EDB600- fell off a sofa and broke terminally. An SRX700. Main gigging and rehearsal bass for many years, but ultimately grew to dislike its lack of table manners, so sold it.

Tempted by an EDA and EDC 705 to complete the set! 

20210215_132100.jpg

Edited by Lfalex v1.1
  • Like 2

On 16/02/2021 at 19:48, Lfalex v1.1 said:

I have 2 at present, both plastic fantastic. 

An EDC 715 (Left) and an EDB 605 (Right)

Previous form; an EDB600- fell off a sofa and broke terminally. An SRX700. Main gigging and rehearsal bass for many years, but ultimately he to dislike its lack of table manners, so sold it.

Tempted by an EDA and EDC 705 to complete the set! 

20210215_132100.jpg

They look really sheckshee.. 

Hello. I'm beginning my search for a new bass and would appreciate some Ibanez input.

My history with Ibanez is limited to a gorgeous acoustic guitar I tried in a music shop and somehow got talked out of buying for an alternative by the owner (a deep life regret 15 years on!) Don't want to make the same mistake again.

So, my questions:

1) What model/s would you recommend for the following criteria:

* Slim neck and easy play action (I have little hands!)

* Can take being tuned down to D for a song and then back to an E when playing live without causing problem

* Does well going directly to PA (via DI box). I may well invest in an amp at some point but this is my most common setup at present.

* Around £500 to spend, either new or no work needed second hand (my instrument tech skills are non existent)

2) What kind of sounds/style would you recommended model give? Keen to explore a wide range of brands so want to understand the distinctives.

Thanks!

Edited by joseb84

Theres a well used but perfectly playable sr1205 on gumtree at moment at £425. If I didn't live in Ireland and had the funds I'd be all over it. New it would be 2x the price. Depends on whether you want 4 or 5 string but used SR premium is the way to go. I have a SR600 and it's an awesome bass but the nordstrand big singles would take it to the next level

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horrorshowbass said:

There's a well used but perfectly playable sr1205 on gumtree at moment at £425. 

I play a 1205 and I can say without prejudice that it is one of the most amazing basses I have ever played - sonically and in my hands.  And for that price ... wow, I'm tempted just a 2nd hahahaha

• Like 1

Theres a well used but perfectly playable sr1205 on gumtree at moment at £425. If I didn't live in Ireland and had the funds I'd be all over it. New it would be 2x the price. Depends on whether you want 4 or 5 string but used SR premium is the way to go. I have a SR600 and it's an awesome bass but the nordstrand big singles would take it to the next level

Thanks for highlighting this model, is it a 4 or 5? I'm after a 4, as a thin neck is a priority and I want to keep things simple until I've progressed in my playing. 

27 minutes ago, joseb84 said:

Thanks for highlighting this model, is it a 4 or 5? I'm after a 4, as a thin neck is a priority and I want to keep things simple until I've progressed in my playing. 

That’s a five string one, the four string is the SR1200 (lovely bass, those Nordstrand Big Singles are awesome).

• Thanks 1

That's nearly the same as my 30th Anni 'cept there are 3 holes in the top on mine and it's a Wenge fingerboard, but the rest is the same. I would recommend it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2pods said:

That's nearly the same as my 30th Anni 'cept there are 3 holes in the top on mine and it's a Wenge fingerboard, but the rest is the same. I would recommend it.

Great value. If I had the dough.....

Cant justify the new ehb and fan fret models although they look awesome. Ibanez make super sleek modern bass and then stick P bass pickups in them 😃

Edited by horrorshowbass