Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Owners Club

stewblack

1 hour ago, glassmoon said:

Can I join please?

After 14 years, I am back with Ibanez :)

Ibanez SR1205.jpg

Ah, the 1205 in all its understated elegance. I wish I’d bought one of these now, rather than being seduced by the bling of the 1605. Maybe I’d still own an  Ibby if I had. Hey ho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

I was seduced by the bling of the 1605. And still am!

I had a finish issue with my first 1605, which was sorted with a replacement, but I sometimes found the bodies a bit small. Probably all nonsense and a fair dash of ennui/GAS played its part. To be fair, I was also wooed back to 4 stringers by the company that sometimes can’t be named. Ah, ‘twas ever thus.

5 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I had a finish issue with my first 1605, which was sorted with a replacement, but I sometimes found the bodies a bit small. Probably all nonsense and a fair dash of ennui/GAS played its part. To be fair, I was also wooed back to 4 stringers by the company that sometimes can’t be named. Ah, ‘twas ever thus.

I must be honest, the small bodies were never a factor until I picked up my first BTB - and going back now, I remember the size issue.

But having lost 6 stone and the fact that the bass is sooooooooooo light... it's a win!

On 12/01/2021 at 15:02, 2pods said:

Sussed it...... Neck Through.

Excuse the dullness, and offer of the wrong type of bass 😜

I didn’t spot the offer, TBH. NT is a wish too far for an Ibanez, but, I have just, like yesterday, bought an NT it’s 6ixer so a leap of faith.

I am after - somewhere down the line - a 1993/4 SR1306 - the one with the slim IBZ J6 pickups (i.e. that can be fitted with Barts later)

Such a stunner!!!  I had the SR1306 that came after this - but with the wider ADX6 pickups - and it was incredible to play - well, as you'd expect.  But the 1306 (and the SR886 that had the same pickups) is just a stunner.  The Gallery (Camden) had one but when I found it, it was already marked as sold.

image.thumb.png.41d20a38423f6c2ef286cc38b99f25dc.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

I am after - somewhere down the line - a 1993/4 SR1306 - the one with the slim IBZ J6 pickups (i.e. that can be fitted with Barts later)

Such a stunner!!!  I had the SR1306 that came after this - but with the wider ADX6 pickups - and it was incredible to play - well, as you'd expect.  But the 1306 (and the SR886 that had the same pickups) is just a stunner.  The Gallery (Camden) had one but when I found it, it was already marked as sold.

image.thumb.png.41d20a38423f6c2ef286cc38b99f25dc.png

Lovely, I briefly had an Ibby six string SR306 EB and was a fantastic bass, especially for 300 quid, 6er just not for me!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

Lovely, I briefly had an Ibby six string SR306 EB and was a fantastic bass, especially for 300 quid, 6er just not for me!!

I recently (after, let's see... 22 years) moved away from 6... long story and I won't bore anyone with it now... but I am missing a 6.  if only to noodle with and record my insane compositions LOL