Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Owners Club

stewblack

I'll join in. Here's my 1997 TR200 :

IMG_1997.thumb.JPG.afeee4ddf5ad4f885c2ea6dd966c3415.JPG

I had this up for sale recently then thought better of it - which I'm glad about. Cool bass and you don't see that many about; also, I love that colour (looks even better in real life!).

Edited by EdLib-3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, EdLib-3 said:

Here's my 1997 TR200 :

IMG_1997.thumb.JPG.afeee4ddf5ad4f885c2ea6dd966c3415.JPG

I had this up for sale recently then thought better of it - which I'm glad about. Cool bass and you don't see that many about; also, I love that colour (looks even better in real life!).

Lucky my finances have been in a mess before you withdrew, or this would be in my collection now! Beautiful bass.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Lucky my finances have been in a mess before you withdrew, or this would be in my collection now! Beautiful bass.

Ha ha yes! I have been missing the Stingray I sold a few years back,  but basically gave up on the idea of selling some stuff to put towards getting a Stingray Special as it wouldn't have got anywhere near raising the necessary funds. They're just too damn expensive! In no way do I need another expensive bass though - I currently don't play in a band, or indeed with any other musicians at all at the moment thanks to covid. The Ibanez is staying put 👍

Edited by EdLib-3

2 hours ago, EdLib-3 said:

Ha ha yes! I have been missing the Stingray I sold a few years back,  but basically gave up on the idea of selling some stuff to put towards getting a Stingray Special as it wouldn't have got anywhere near raising the necessary funds. They're just too damn expensive! In no way do I need another expensive bass though - I currently don't play in a band, or indeed with any other musicians at all at the moment thanks to covid. The Ibanez is staying put 👍

Hoping one day soon it'll be seeing some action. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New addition to the Ibanez family today.

GWB1 TKF (trans black flat finish). Built Jan January 2003 in Japan. So 2nd series with offset fingerboard dots. I bought this and didn't even know it had the original case so that was a bonus. 

Some of the most serious buckle rash I've ever seen and it's definitely been played. But it sounds and plays fantastic. As a long time GWB35 player I was surprised how this is actually lighter. The necks thinner in width but slightly deeper in depth. But not much. 

PXL_20201203_174120722.jpg

PXL_20201203_174131368.jpg

PXL_20201203_174526800.jpg

• Like 3

I love my 28,6" scale Ibanez Mikro Basses.

I got a both a 4 string Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Bass, which is actually my main bass, and a 5 string GSRM25 Mikro Bass.

Both has as good as perfect fretwork from the factory and the neck on my 4 string Mikro is the most syable neck I ever had on any bass or guitar.

I've replaced the pickups on the 4 string with first a P/J set of EMG Geezer Butler pickups, and since with a just a DiMarzio Model P P pickup wired directly to the outpur jack socket and the J disconected, which is what is installed in it currently.

The 2 J pickups on the 5 string though is the stock ones, and they sound right out horrible in my opinion, so need to have them replaced as some point, as well as I need to have a new nut cut for it to accommodate the fact that I tune it E (as in the low E of a 4 string) to C and the resulting thinner string gauge.

Ponder on maybe having the J pickup cavities routed to take Thunderbird pickups so I can install 2 Gemini 5 string Devastator Thunderbird soapbar pickups in it instead.

Sounds too horrible for me right now to really play, but as said it got as good as perfect fretwork and sounds good acoustically too, so I know it would be worth it.

Here they are :

First my main Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Bass (mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, DiMarzio Model P wired directly to output jack socket, J pickup disconnected and lowered, various visual mods) :

A-Bass-Experimental-Square-small-666999-

And then my 5 string Ibanez GSRM25 Mikro Bass (poplar body, maple neck, jatoba fretboard, stock J pickups, various visual mods) :

image.thumb.png.1c5f19d0991ef45ccc33ef0a58bff13d.png

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

11 hours ago, Mikey D said:

GWB1 TKF (trans black flat finish). Built Jan January 2003 in Japan. So 2nd series with offset fingerboard dots. I bought this and didn't even know it had the original case so that was a bonus. 

Some of the most serious buckle rash I've ever seen and it's definitely been played. But it sounds and plays fantastic. As a long time GWB35 player I was surprised how this is actually lighter. The necks thinner in width but slightly deeper in depth. But not much. 

PXL_20201203_174120722.jpg

PXL_20201203_174526800.jpg

Beaut Mikey. Would love a fretless ibanez. Most playable basses out there are the Ibbys in my humble opinion

3 hours ago, horrorshowbass said:

Beaut Mikey. Would love a fretless ibanez. Most playable basses out there are the Ibbys in my humble opinion

The GWB35 upgraded is actually for sale...just saying and all! :) Maybe we can do a deal before my wife realises it hasn't quite been one in one out...

44 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

Got on the bay for 280 bucks, small hairline scrape on headstock, barely noticeable.

Thinking about selling actually.....

Yeh, RichToneMusic had one at 240 and I was tempted. I don't *need* a 6 but it would be nice.

But my numbers have to go down before anything new comes in or I would ahve one of those fancy short scale ones!

18 hours ago, Mikey D said:

Quality bass. I had a GWB35 and that was pretty damned good, so I always fancied a 'full fat' one, but other basses came calling (as they do). A photo of the buckle rash would be welcome, as you have piqued my interest.

On 04/12/2020 at 09:50, horrorshowbass said:

For my money the Ibby SRF705 is the best off-the-peg fretless out there.