Why become a member? ×

Double NBD all the way!

Jellyfish

Hi all, 

I thought you'd enjoy some pics of two basses that arrived to me from a very loving home :). 

I originally had my eye on the Squier Musicmaster as I'd never owned a short scale before. Apparently only produced for one year in 1997 but please correct me if I'm wrong. All I can say is that I now completely understand why people adore short scale basses. Even without the beautiful thump from the single coil, it's just fantastic to play. It's in good condition considering it's age and it's even got a bit of birdseye in the neck! 

The second bass is a Fender Modern Player Telecaster. They're fairly new (as far as Fenders go) but it's really quite nice. The pickups really standout and they're super versatile. The mudbucker by itself is my favoruite though. 

I may be tempted to sell them at some point but for now, enjoy the pics! 

TUCwze0.jpg

2tX6qqI.jpg

r57iq7g.jpg

BqRN1DZ.jpg

ooTFlnZ.jpg

FFHBdee.jpg

hlSmY1r.jpg

Skqz5hw.jpg

ZF6igxE.jpg

gYI7L7u.jpg

3gpx3GB.jpg

pFMvMCq.jpg

• Like 7

Nice haul! I own a Vista Musicmaster which has quadrupled in value since I got it as my first bass in 2002ish. 

I remember playing one of those tele basses in a shop, pretty sure they used that pickup in a Mustang too. I liked it so much I emailed Fender asking if I could buy, alas no dice. Enjoy mate! 

Edited by BassApprentice

12 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Nice haul! I own a Vista Musicmaster which has quadrupled in value since I got it as my first bass in 2002ish. 

I remember playing one of those tele basses in a shop, pretty sure they used that pickup in a Mustang too. I liked it so much I emailed Fender asking if I could buy, alas no dice. Enjoy mate! 

Any recommendations for strings? I'm leaning towards trying nylons but I've never played them before.