Why become a member? ×

Lightweight Fender Bass?

shine182

On 17/08/2020 at 18:07, dave_bass5 said:

My Fender Sandblasted P weighs a lovely 7.9lbs. Its the perfect weight for me. I don’t mind heavier, and i have much heavier, but its the carrying them where i find heavier is more of a pain. 

Too light and i feel i didnt get my money‘ S worth, too heavy and it feels cheap lol. 

Also agree it needs a bit of weight to hang correctly most of the time. 

I have this and it's great! Mine's red tinted.

• 3 months later...

There is quite a weight range on Fenders so look around for a light one. On a side note, my Sterling Sub Ray4 is very light and it seems most of the new ones are, so if you like that sound there is hope there as well. Also if balance is an issue light jazz basses balances a bit better than P’s due to the offset in my experience.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Deepfat said:

If you can find a US Fender Zone - They're pretty light and versatile. Here's a picture of mine.

It's significantly lighter than my Stingray.

image.thumb.png.ac97648247828e80de695f3f630f1260.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2

I had one for a while - before taking cash out of your wallet have a read-up. Apparently there was a problem with the active pick ups and pre-amp which resulted in Fender stopping production.

On 15/12/2020 at 19:13, TheGreek said:

I had one for a while - before taking cash out of your wallet have a read-up. Apparently there was a problem with the active pick ups and pre-amp which resulted in Fender stopping production.

I've had mine for almost 20 years without issue. I change the batteries about every other year and it gets played regularly.  Never had an issue with it - maybe just lucky?