Why become a member? ×

MIJ FSR Black Paisley Jazz

thedontcarebear

Thats beautiful. I don't really like fenders that much and I don't play a 4 string, but that finish is great (well, I think the scratch plate ruins it a bit, but it comes off!).

Yes, the gig bag idea is silly. its not like it is a budget range instrument, a decent quality gig bag that you can actually use costs very little from a manufacturers point of view, why not provide one?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thedontcarebear said:

I didn't take the pickguard off when I changed strings, but I can see silver through the thumb rest and pickup cover screw holes - so it must be under there.

Looks amazing but intrigued to see what it looks like with out the pickguard or as @AndyTravis said a clear might just look sooo cool !

The black guard picks up the black edge of the body surrounding the paisley. It also ties the body to the neck via the black blocks. 

The effect of black either side alters how the paisley is perceived by strengthening the background. 

Trust me, taking it off would entirely dilute the effect. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stewblack said:

The black guard picks up the black edge of the body surrounding the paisley. It also ties the body to the neck via the black blocks. 

The effect of black either side alters how the paisley is perceived by strengthening the background. 

Trust me, taking it off would entirely dilute the effect. 

I know what you mean ... BUT ... I don't trust you 😉 

Just now, Adee said:

I know what you mean ... BUT ... I don't trust you 😉 

That's the kind of spiel I used to have to dish out to wealthy housewives when I worked for an interior designer. 

To convince them that their new cushion didn't ruin the ambience of the drawing room. 

The biggest waste of money and time I've ever been involved with. 

• Haha 1