Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD Epiphone Jack Casady with Hard Case - Gold - £420
£500
Dumfries, Scotland.

bogleshake

Hi folks

I bought this from Guitar Guitar in Newcastle in July 2013, mainly after seeing Mani playing one in the Stone Roses comeback gigs.  It's the made in Korea model.  I've since seen it played by various cool cats on stage, including Jack White and Paul McCartney's bassists.  Comes in the pretty drastic-yet-appealing-to-most golden colour.  I bought it to play the Wickerman Festival that summer, RIP, and that was one of only two gigs I've used it for.  The rest of the time it's been used solely for recording on all my band's recordings (Barstow Bats, check us out!) as it's got a much better sound than my horribly noisy American Jag.  Looks class on stage as well, although I'm not sticking a photo up of me playing it at Wickerman as the Mad Crew guys said I looked like Elton John that day!  Photo can be sent by request if that's your bag though!  Great bass, in excellent condition not a mark on it and all original parts.  Case has a few marks on the outside though although nothing substantial, just doing its job as a hard case. 

Happy to travel an hour or two, within reason, to meet.  Hit me with any questions!  

Will post for an extra £20 or £30, give me a shout and I'll get a specific quote.

Cheers!

jc1.jpg

jc2.jpg

jc3.jpg

jc4.jpg

jc5.jpg

jc6.jpg

Edited by bogleshake
sold
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bassbiscuits said:

Most excellent bass. 

It is pretty superb, especially for recording, and the flats make a massive difference.  But a new purchase of a Les Paul Junior DC bass means I really need to try and make some space in the practice room again. 

• Like 1

I was playing mine this morning and would have taken to our outdoor gig this afternoon, but it's been rained off. I might use at tomorrow's gig if the weather improves. They're great basses straight out of the box, mine still has the stock strings on. I'm sure it won't hang about long, especially as it comes with the case which is not particularly cheap nor easy to find.

• Like 1

On 15/08/2020 at 12:56, FinnDave said:

I was playing mine this morning and would have taken to our outdoor gig this afternoon, but it's been rained off. I might use at tomorrow's gig if the weather improves. They're great basses straight out of the box, mine still has the stock strings on. I'm sure it won't hang about long, especially as it comes with the case which is not particularly cheap nor easy to find.

Just looked back at my emails from 2013 and it took a few emails back and forth to DV247 to get the last case they had in stock.  I remember it being a nightmare back then to locate one so I can only imagine how tough they are to find nowadays.

1 hour ago, bogleshake said:

Just looked back at my emails from 2013 and it took a few emails back and forth to DV247 to get the last case they had in stock.  I remember it being a nightmare back then to locate one so I can only imagine how tough they are to find nowadays.

I got a case for mine in February, cost me £116 incl post from Gig Gear. I wouldn't want to take the JCB outside of the house without the case.

• Like 1

The best thing about these is the sound. It’s is basically a big fat p bass tone with mid range tomfoolery! As a recording bass it’s a solid choice and the  neck ain’t half bad either. I had one many years ago and really enjoyed playing it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's almost the worst possible time to sell gear in the build up to Christmas! Ha ha ha! But it'd make lockdown more bearable, whatever level you are lucky/unlucky to be in just now.

Edited by bogleshake
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic