Why become a member? ×

What Puts You Off?

stewblack

20 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I’m gonna get lynched but I don’t really like the look of most Warwick basses 😬. I know they’re great basses and all but they look very 90s. Especially the Dolphin and infinity ones . Daft looking 

Someone on here once described Warwicks as being: "Hacked out of diseased trees by blind Germans". 

A sentiment I would have to agree with, apart from the StarBass II.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I like them but the horn looks like it could snap off any minute 

I'm sure this is entirely down to the lumpy "aesthetics" of the average Fender. Anything less bulky is seen as being "fragile". Wood is really strong stuff you know. People make houses out less robust timbers than those used on guitars and basses.

Edited by BigRedX

44 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Someone on here once described Warwicks as being: "Hacked out of diseased trees by blind Germans". 

A sentiment I would have to agree with, apart from the StarBass II.

Even the starbass has the wrong headstock ☹️. Again great playing basses but Ick to look at. I had a corvette once and it basically had 2 dildos for horns. My band mates slagged me something wicked. I could live with the thumb or streamer bass. The Adam Clayton one is actually cool 

Edited by Quilly
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Quilly said:

Even the starbass has the wrong headstock ☹️. Again great playing basses but Ick to look at. I had a corvette once and it basically had 2 dildos for horns. My band mates slagged me something wicked. I could live with the thumb or streamer bass.

They all have the wrong headstock IMO. I did consider having mine modified to something more in keeping with the rest of the bass.

• Like 1

Sunburst (pronounced Turdburst) of any description.

Tort scratch plates of any description.

Gold hardware.

All hideous in their own way and become exponentially more vile when combined.

F holes. Why? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Osiris said:

Sunburst (pronounced Turdburst) of any description.

Tort scratch plates of any description.

Gold hardware.

All hideous in their own way and become exponentially more vile when combined.

F holes. Why? 

I love this 👆 

You've literally listed the brief I would hand to a luthier were I in a position to do such a thing! 

I love all of these things , but you are wonderfully offended by them. Bravo! 

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I love this 👆 

You've literally listed the brief I would hand to a luthier were I in a position to do such a thing! 

Hard to argue with a sunburst P and tort pick guard with maple neck 🤷‍♂️. But I guess it is pretty lazy and safe 

13 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I love this 👆 

It is, of course, all personal taste but I find all of those things I listed earlier utterly minging 😉

Oh, and I forgot to mention gold finishes too, anyone playing one clearly drives a pink Range Rover and is married to a football player. 

3 minutes ago, Osiris said:

It is, of course, all personal taste but I find all of those things I listed earlier utterly minging 😉

Oh, and I forgot to mention gold finishes too, anyone playing one clearly drives a pink Range Rover and is married to a football player. 

Ha ha! My top bass is a gold Maruschkchsyk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1