Why become a member? ×

On board headphone amp with Stereo line in as well. Practice till you develop calluses or your fingers bleed. For £50
£80

I am done with keeping things incase. £50 to your door.

This is a very cool onboard headphone preamp which also has a mini jack stereo in so that you can play with no outboard to your heart's content. When I saw it I KNEW I had to have one. But the bass it was going into will not accomoddate it and I am in a clearing phase to it is available.

Did not know you needed you did, but fancy it you do.

It is featured in this build

Edited by owen
cos he is too lazy to proofread.

23 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Who makes this? Is there an installation/wiring diagram? I’m very intrigued!

The headphone amp is professionally made for me. It should fit in most basses as the PCB is only about 40mm long. It will depend on what's in the cavity right now and how much space you have. It has a custom made jack that will turn on the bass preamp too. It doesn't affect the regular jack.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, Chopthebass said:

They are mini jacks and really aren’t an issue when sitting practicing.

Thanks for that, but given that I don't get the need to also use a stereo out for the instrument itself, would it not be possible to use the instrument 1/4" out for the headphone out also? Again, I think I might be missing something, my apologies if so :)

10 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Thanks for that, but given that I don't get the need to also use a stereo out for the instrument itself, would it not be possible to use the instrument 1/4" out for the headphone out also? Again, I think I might be missing something, my apologies if so :)

The 1/4” jack won’t work as a headphone out. It doesn’t power up the amp when you use this. The 1/8” powers up the amp and preamp. 

12 minutes ago, Beedster said:

It’s not a stereo out for the instrument either. 

20 minutes ago, Chopthebass said:

It’s not a stereo out for the instrument either. 

image.thumb.png.0bd2d42b54f887117f4bede1cc6c3ab5.png

The above is what I'm confused about, I'd need to replace my mono 1/4" with a stereo 1/4" despite the fact the unit doesn't use that output for headphones? Or am I wrong? I'm loving the idea of this, just trying to get my head around it :)