Why become a member? ×

NBD (again) soon - the saga continues

I’m going to have to go out at some point tomorrow as I’ve run out of chocolate biscuits, so I’m probably only waiting in for the delivery for a fourth day if the tracking updates to specifically say ‘out for delivery.’

I could easily jump in the car & drive to the depot to pick it up if UPS is incapable of providing the service they have been paid to provide, but I can’t get through to a human person on the phone to ask about arranging this and I know it’ll be a wasted journey if I just turn up.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

At this stage I believe UPS are waiting for you to leave the house, even for just 5 minutes, so they can swoop in and push a 'Sorry we missed you' card through the letter box. Chances are the delivery guy has been waiting in the bushes since Friday just waiting for you to leave. 

• Haha 5

I honestly believe that the only sensible thing to do now would be to have yourself cloned, have your clone leave the house and go to the shop to buy chocolate biscuits while the real you cunningly sit in wait for the UPS driver to try and post his evil card.

• Haha 3

Clones always end up being evil. The truth is @Jean-Luc Pickguard probably had himself cloned years ago, the clone then used a Men In Black style memory eraser to erase Jean-Luc Pickgaurd's memory of having created the clone. Now the clone is free to intercept all of his parcels and use them for nefarious means. 

• Haha 1

choc-bics.thumb.JPG.c73812823a85f740701cac54295a21a5.JPG

Well, I took the risk of going out for forty minutes and I now have a small supply of choccy biccies.

I have been reliably informed that no monkey-sh!t-brown vans were seen in the area whilst I was gone, and the tracking page still says the same as before - my package is scheduled for delivery today but it doesn't say that it is actually on a vehicle for delivery.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

choc-bics.thumb.JPG.c73812823a85f740701cac54295a21a5.JPG

Well, I took the risk of going out for forty minutes and I now have a small supply of choccy biccies.

I have been reliably informed that no monkey-sh!t-brown vans were seen in the area whilst I was gone, and the tracking page still says the same as before - my package is scheduled for delivery today but it doesn't say that it is actually on a vehicle for delivery.

If only they were Plain Chocolate Oaties ................................

• Like 2