Why become a member? ×

NBD (again) soon - the saga continues

I'm tracking my parcel - it started in Nottuln yesterday, passed through Dusseldorf overnight, and arrived at Stanford Le Hope this afternoon so it is on track to be delivered to me tomorrow.

I will post some details about my new acquisition once it has arrived.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

No idea whether its coming today - the tracking doesn't give any useful information and suggests that either:

• it went back to the depot where it is sitting being ignored
  • it sat on the truck overnight and is out for delivery today
  • it has been lost or nicked

I'll have wait in for another day today just in case it does come

• Sad 1

Here’s hoping🤞

I use UPS regularly in my work and they do seem to have been suffering regular problems since the rise of COVID-19.  We’ve had numerous packages to customers arrive several days late and one package going from Liverpool to Blackburn (Lancashire) was routed via Stanford le Hope in Essex for some unexplained reason.🙄

• Like 1

Looks like I've had another day of pointlessly waiting in for a delivery - the tracking says:

• In Transit
  • Scheduled delivery Monday 17/08/2020

but the shipment progress hasn't updated to "Out for delivery" today - its still on the "In Transit" status which was updated at 6pm on Friday.

I messaged the shop this morning with my concerns that the tracking info was vague and contradictory, asking whether they could chase up UPS for info, but only got a reply telling me to let them know if it doesn't come today. I then tried to phone UPS, but after having a robochat and taking the option to speak to an agent I was told that option was not possible. So I've stayed in waiting just in case it comes, although it looks like today isn't going to be the day.

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

• Sad 1

The tracking page has just updated and now says without any apology that it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Do they really expect me to believe it this time?

They managed to get it from Germany to the local depot with no problems last week, but I have no idea why they're finding it so difficult to finish the job by managing to take it the final twenty miles.

All the time they have it I don't know what temperature/humidity it is stored at, how carefully it has been handled, or whether it has actually gone missing.