Why become a member? ×

Amplitube SVX for £0.00!

Jean-Luc Pickguard

So... created an IK account, downloaded the authorisation manager, entered my serial for amplitude, managed to download it after several issues, installed and chose plugin directories but it doesn't show up as a Reaper plugin. The standalone app is accessible.

Tried rescanning and rebooting Reaper, no help.

Tried reinstalling Amplitube, multiple 'Can't create the following file or directory blah blah' messages, had to cancel installation

Tried rebooting Windows.

Nope.

Hopeless.

8 minutes ago, JonnyBGood said:

So... created an IK account, downloaded the authorisation manager, entered my serial for amplitude, managed to download it after several issues, installed and chose plugin directories but it doesn't show up as a Reaper plugin. The standalone app is accessible.

Tried reinstalling Amplitube, multiple 'Can't create the following file or directory blah blah' messages, had to cancel installation

Tried rebooting Windows.

Nope.

Hopeless.

I had this issue in Cubase, and it actually appeared under the plugin/distortion submenu.

In Ableton, I can't find it at all though.

40 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Did you install the VST in whatever place Ableton looks for them? Or do you have a 32 Bit Ableton and the VST is 64?

Yes.  Ableton's preferences are set to look for VSTs in my Cubase VST folder.  All my other VSTs appear in both DAWs.  Baffled.

I have 64 bit installed.

Edited by Nicko

1 minute ago, Leonard Smalls said:

direct it your Cubase Folder

This unless I misunderstood the question.

When installing Amplitude I put the VSTs in the Cubase folders, and set ABleton to look there.

Edited by Nicko

1 hour ago, JonnyBGood said:

Ok, got it working at last after installing into a different directory to my usualy plugin folder and also clearing Reapers plugin cache and rescanning. Phew that was **** hard work. 

2 minutes ago, Nicko said:

When installing Amplitude I put the VSTs in the Cubase folders, and set ABleton to look there.

What about the DLLs? I tend to allow a custom install to put it's library type files in an eponymous new file in Documents.

If it's not this I'd suggest your computer is broken as it couldn't possible be anything else 😁